He got the game ball again!

TerryJ2

difficult child hit a home run out of the park today. Awesome.
When the coach asked who should get the Game Ball, usually the kids all say, "Me! Me!" but they all pointed to difficult child. Awww.
The coach gave him the home run ball AND the game ball.

Of course, he had to revert to his difficult child behavior the min. we got into the car because he didn't want to go to the outdoor art fair husband and I planned to go to. I said fine and just left him in the car. 10 min later he caught up with-us and begged for food (he also ran into other Little League players, which made him pretty happy).
When we got home, I told him we're going to put up Halloween decorations tomorrow and he yelled, "NO!"
I said, "No problem. You won't be watching any TV tomorrow then."
He's considering changing his mind ... ;)

Sheesh. If only he could behave at home like he does on the field. He's never felt like he's a part of the "home" team, but it's his behavior that sets him apart. Sigh.

Andy

Way to go difficult child! Wow another homerun. Good for the other kids to give credit were due.

Takes way too many years for our kids to learn that everyone in the family gets their turn at events - he got his game, now you and husband get an art fair.

My difficult child was very upset that I wouldn't buy him a $20 bird house today. He is so into supporting causes and this was a fundraiser for a nursing home. They put a coupon in each bird house to see what else you could win (I saw some board games and other things). He had such a hard time accepting it. I finally got him to agree that we would rather spend the money next week when I take him and a friend and two little girls to a pumpkin patch farm. It will cost me $5 for me and $3 per kid (4 X 3). difficult child will also purchase a pumpkin there so there goes that $20.00.

Steely

Kudos to difficult child, despite the meltdowns at home!:D

My difficult child never succeeded at even one team sport he tried. He always melted down. Having these types of things, like team sports, our difficult children can feel proud of, like baseball, can make a huge difference with their self esteem. I am SO glad your difficult child is able to feel that.

Hugs:peaceful:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Very cool about the game ball! It's so great to see our difficult children have successes!

by the way, I'm having the opposite problem with difficult child, he wants to put up the Halloween decorations, I don't this year! I could send him to help decorate your house!:)

K

Kjs

How cool! What a great feeling.

I know difficult child plays baseball and I am so nervous everytime he gets up. But we finished the fall season with only one strike out, and he struck out swinging. All other times at bat was a hit.

Now you need to get one of those ball thingys to put the HR ball in. difficult child has one. Coach had given each player a ball in a case/stand and each ball had a date and what happened. (difficult child's has the date and game winning RBI)

Was that his first? see, I would cry. That is just so exciting.

Last edited:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Game ball, huh? Way To Go difficult child!! WOOT WOOT!

I'm having trouble even finding my decorations. lol Then I have to pick all the cute ones because Aubrey is scared of the scarier ones and runs away.