He got the job!

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by in a daze, Mar 22, 2014.

1. in a daze

in a daze Well-Known Member

He starts Monday. Part time. But he'll be working in the deli.

He's kind of nervous about slicing meat. I'm nervous about it too.

But it's a job!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  2. nlj

nlj Well-Known Member

That's so great! I hope his self-confidence and self-esteem will grow. I hope you enjoy shopping there! My son had a part-time job in a cafe once, it was so nice to go in and order a coffee and have him proudly introduce me to his workmates. Normal life for a while. It's making me smile when I think back to that time.

3. dstc_99

dstc_99 Well-Known Member

Yay for him! Remind him to follow the safety rules.

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

4. SomewhereOutThere

SomewhereOutThere Well-Known Member

Crossing fingers, eyes, toes...hoping he likes it and keeps it!!!!!!

5. recoveringenabler

recoveringenabler Well-Known Member Staff Member

This is great news IAD, I am so happy for both of you. Yes remind him to read through the safety rules. Celebrate!!

6. tryagain

tryagain Active Member

So glad for you both. We've been going through this with our difficult child this week as well; I am ready for her to begin work so she can accumulate enough $ to get out of our house and into an apartment. She is a "tenant" here and understands that she can not live here again; thank goodness, she wants to be on her own - although the practical aspects of doing that still pretty much seem to elude her...one step at a time, right? She says that she's gotten a food services job as of last night, and I hope that she is not just fantasizing. We'll see about that soon enough.

7. Childofmine

Childofmine trying to do this thing one day at a time Staff Member

Great Daze! One step at a time, that's all any of us can do. I hope good things come for your difficult child from this job.

Thanks for letting us know...it is so good to hear good news.

8. PatriotsGirl

PatriotsGirl Well-Known Member

Great news!!!!