He graduated!!

MaryB

Through trials and tribulations, difficult child graduated this afternoon. Can I say what a proud Warrior Mom moment this was?! Yes, I know that it should be all about difficult child, but what I had to do with school, teachers, IEP's, etc....I feel like a huge burden was lifted from my shoulders. I feel as if I graduated again (heck NO).

The next step is getting difficult child enrolled at the local Jr college. I understand that the college has a good Special Education dept. I'm in the process of getting that taken care of.

Once I get difficult child enrolled, I'm hoping my responsibility is DONE. However, being realistic, I don't think it's ever done....is it??

Mary

Andy

You have every right to be proud of yourself. It took oodles of time and energy on your part to open the doors and provide the opportunities your son needed in order to graduate.

Congradulations to you both!

Nancy

Congratulations to you and your difficult child Mary. Mine graduated today too and I am very relieved.

I know how hard you worked to make this day happen.

Nancy

DDD

Congrats from me, too. You're right that it takes Warrior Mom status to get some of our difficult children through. I've started the local community college steps.......but, like you, I really hope it won't be a full time job for me. LOL Only time will tell. Enjoy your well earned moments of pride. DDD

recovering doormat

Lapsed CDer
So happy for both of you. Yes, it's a celebration for you as well, all your hard work and love paid off. Best wishes to your son as he continues on. My older difficult child 1 started community college last fall, made it halfway through the semester then hit a wall (went off medications, gave up on herself, stopped attending classes). A few months of real world work convinced her to go back to school, and she's taking an English class this summer and going back full time in September.

I find that things continue on, two steps forward, one step back. But it's still progress, no?

Thanks for sharing your good news with us all.