He is at the sober house

Discussion in 'Substance Abuse' started by toughlovin, Feb 17, 2013.

1. toughlovin

toughlovin Well-Known Member

Hi all,

So my difficult child transferred to the sober house on thursday. I really dont know the whole story but there was some conflict and he was given the option of leaving a couple of days early, but with a certificate of completion. So i got a call when he was on his way and have heard nothing since. I know that they would call me if there was a problem so I know that no news is good news in this case. But gosh I would he would call me or send me some kind of message. I have sent him a message via FB and have heard nothing. AND I know this is pretty normal typical behavior for a 21 year old son but it is hard anyways..... and I am trying really hard not to be waiting for the other shoe to drop. I know I need to stay positive but darn it that other shoe has dropped so many times!! I just want to know he is doing well and doing what he is supposed to be doing.!!

TL

2. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

I would be, too! Hope he contacts you soon!!!

3. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed and hugs sent. DDD

4. Calamity Jane

Calamity Jane Well-Known Member

TL,
    Doesn't a friend of yours work at the sober house? For some reason, I think I remember you had a contact over there. If so, can you call your friend to see how things are going?
    In any case, I do hope that no news IS good news.

5. buddy

buddy New Member

hoping all is well! you sound brave and positive.....I'm pulling for you!

6. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member Staff Member

I know you will feel better when you hear he is safe and sound and settled into the sober house. Hope that comes quickly and he is doing well.

7. Signorina

Signorina Guest

Thinking of you and agree "no news is good news" Wishing him (and you ) a smooth transition.

8. Wakegirl

Wakegirl Member

I know hard it is...to think positive thoughts when you're so use to being let down. Relax, relate, release!! Keeping my fingers crossed for good news!

9. rejectedmom

rejectedmom New Member

Hang in there TL, You will hear from him soon. I am hoping all is well too, Keep us posted. -RM

10. toughlovin

toughlovin Well-Known Member

I saw something on FB yesterday that concerned me... so I did contact my friend. I have been trying not to be the overly hovering mom and just let him be.... but my friend contacted me and told me everything is going very well. Phew!!! I will see my son in under 2 weeks and it will be good to lay my eyes on him and see for myself.

TL

11. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member Staff Member

Thank goodness your friend could give you peace of mind. This is a critical point and we are all praying he takes the right steps.

12. Kathy813

Kathy813 Well-Known Member Staff Member

Phew/whew.

13. exhausted

exhausted Active Member

Super good to hear TL. I hope this changes his path. Hugs to you.

14. Calamity Jane

Calamity Jane Well-Known Member

I'm so glad you're going to see him soon. I pray he continues to hang in there through any rough patches.

15. Karenvm

Karenvm Member

Great news!