He is at the sober house

toughlovin

Hi all,

So my difficult child transferred to the sober house on thursday. I really dont know the whole story but there was some conflict and he was given the option of leaving a couple of days early, but with a certificate of completion. So i got a call when he was on his way and have heard nothing since. I know that they would call me if there was a problem so I know that no news is good news in this case. But gosh I would he would call me or send me some kind of message. I have sent him a message via FB and have heard nothing. AND I know this is pretty normal typical behavior for a 21 year old son but it is hard anyways..... and I am trying really hard not to be waiting for the other shoe to drop. I know I need to stay positive but darn it that other shoe has dropped so many times!! I just want to know he is doing well and doing what he is supposed to be doing.!!

TL

Calamity Jane

TL,
Doesn't a friend of yours work at the sober house? For some reason, I think I remember you had a contact over there. If so, can you call your friend to see how things are going?
In any case, I do hope that no news IS good news.

Nancy

I know you will feel better when you hear he is safe and sound and settled into the sober house. Hope that comes quickly and he is doing well.

S

Signorina

Thinking of you and agree "no news is good news" Wishing him (and you ) a smooth transition.

Wakegirl

I know hard it is...to think positive thoughts when you're so use to being let down. Relax, relate, release!! Keeping my fingers crossed for good news!

toughlovin

I saw something on FB yesterday that concerned me... so I did contact my friend. I have been trying not to be the overly hovering mom and just let him be.... but my friend contacted me and told me everything is going very well. Phew!!! I will see my son in under 2 weeks and it will be good to lay my eyes on him and see for myself.

TL

Nancy

Thank goodness your friend could give you peace of mind. This is a critical point and we are all praying he takes the right steps.