He messed up but

crazymama30

then did the right thing. He took a collectible coin (not valuable) to school. The thing is huge, the same diameter as a coffee cup and weighs about 1lb. He was using it as a frisbee :hammer: and it hit a boy in the ankle. No serious injury. He apologized to the boy, gave up the coin, and the counselor/vice priniciple was very impressed with him. He had good eye contact, claimed responsibility for the incident, and was reasonable. She called me because she was so taken by how he reacted and the fact that school has been in session a month and she has not had a call about him that was serious, and she said this was not even serious. She just wanted to call and tell me she was impressed.

nvts

Hi! That must have been one fantastic phone call! What a great feeling that must have been!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

I really hope those calls keep coming - the teacher needs to be "attaboy'd" too since she tried to make the call reporting a slight negative into an absolute positive!

:flower: :teacher: :flower:

Sounds like someone dedicated to her student AND his "crazymama30"!

Congrats!

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
Boy owns behavior. Mom faints dead away. News at 6 & 11.

WAY TO GO!!!!! Keep those positive behaviors coming kiddo!

crazymama30

I was having a Ptsd moment when the vp identified herself, she asked me if it was a good time to talk, and I said I was going to class, and hoped I still could. Every other time the school called it was bad. I was and am shellshocked. Isn't crazy how we think normal kid mess up stuff is great, compared with the alternative?

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
:bravo: to difficult child for accepting blame of the situation. :bravo:

Thanks for sharing this with us - every now & then our difficult children make our hearts swell with pride. :its_all_good:

You've done good, mom :warrior:

^5 for your son! I hope he learned a valuable lesson. How much less painful it is to just get the truth out there right away.

It was an accident, he took responsibility, it was over and done with. Good for him! Way to go.

How's that mommy heart? Swelling a little with pride?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yep, nothing like gfgdom to make "normal" mischief seem like nothing.

Good for difficult child. It's not always easy to admit to wrong doing even if it's something small. Hope this sticks as to how much smoother things went. :bravo:

Kuddos to vp for turning a neg into a pos. :smile: