He never learns...

rejectedmom

Well difficult child called to tell me that he is engaged yet again. He wanted to bring his so called fiance around for me to meet. I told him that I was not ready for that and that if he maintained getting his life on track and she was still in the picture at some point in the future I would meet her. difficult child has been engaged to every girl he ever dated. He has creditors calling because of rings he bought on time payments that he never finished paying for. He never learns and his relationships are usually very high drama. I don't want any part of that so if/when a wedding happens I feel that is plenty of time to meet her. But really what kind of girl will get engaged to a man just out of prison, unemployed and living in a homeless shelter? Certainly not anyone with their head on straight. :holymoly:-RM

DDD

Yikes! Obviously I agree with your assessment and response to his request. Sadly, I suppose there is nothing you can do to change his MO. It sounds like you are as at peace as you can be with the chaos. Hugs. DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Congratulations to the happy couple. :D

O.M.G.

Shall we wager the likelihood of this match lasting? Who says two weeks? A month? Three months?

RM, good for you for keeping your head on straight even if others have a screw (or two) loose.

Hugs,
Suz

rejectedmom

LOL Janet!

DDD It is sad but I can't change him so I try not to think about it too much.

Suz the longes any have ever lasted are about 4 months. Enough time to get difficult child over 5K into debt he can't pay back. UG!