He spontaneously helped me! Wow

TerryJ2

Yesterday, I was on my cell ph with-someone who wouldn't stop talking, and I was trying to take my vitamins and medications while holding my cell ph on my shoulder. Needless to say, you can't do that like you do it on a regular phone.
difficult child watched me struggle for a min (my nails are all broken short from gardening so I had more difficulty than usual), then took a pkg from my hands, took the pill out of it (an aluminum blister pack with-plastic over the pills), peeled back the plastic, and handed me a pill.
Like a normal person! OMG!
What prompted him to do that?
Maybe there's hope?

TerryJ2

I asked him about it today. He said, "Well, it just looked like you needed help."
I asked him why he was aware of that, because he never used to be. He of course had no idea.
I told him it was a very good thing that he did and I was very pleased. :D

TerryJ2

Yup.
And today, he gave my cousin a photo of himself, and wrote "I love you, Aunt P," on the back. Wow!

I came home after dropping her off, and he immediately started in on me about how he wanted computer time.
NO.
He insists I told him that he could play on it with-my supervision.
Well, that was b4 he repeatedly went into easy child's rm with-o permission, in the middle of the night, and used her computer, and b4 he sent a worm into husband's ofc computer. But can I get a word in edgewise while he's SCREAMING at me? Nope.

Oh well. He's a difficult child. My expectations have been seriously lowered.
So when he does something nice, it's a miracle and a surprise.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oh well. He's a difficult child. My expectations have been seriously lowered.
So when he does something nice, it's a miracle and a surprise.

Kinda like digging through the dirt and finding a gold nugget, I guess. It doesn't mean you've suddenly hit the motherlode, but you can appreciate the value and beauty of it nonetheless. :D