He spontaneously helped me! Wow

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by TerryJ2, Jun 15, 2010.

1. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Yesterday, I was on my cell ph with-someone who wouldn't stop talking, and I was trying to take my vitamins and medications while holding my cell ph on my shoulder. Needless to say, you can't do that like you do it on a regular phone.
    difficult child watched me struggle for a min (my nails are all broken short from gardening so I had more difficulty than usual), then took a pkg from my hands, took the pill out of it (an aluminum blister pack with-plastic over the pills), peeled back the plastic, and handed me a pill.
    Like a normal person! OMG!
    What prompted him to do that?
    Maybe there's hope?

2. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

You may never know... But consider it this way... Obviously he cares!

3. TerryJ2

I asked him about it today. He said, "Well, it just looked like you needed help."
    I asked him why he was aware of that, because he never used to be. He of course had no idea.
    I told him it was a very good thing that he did and I was very pleased. :D

4. flutterby

flutterby Fly away!

It's the little things that make us smile. :)

5. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

I love that he helped you with-no prompting!!!

6. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

7. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

That is AWESOME!!!

8. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

Terry, there is ALWAYS hope! :beautifulthing:

9. TerryJ2

Yup.
    And today, he gave my cousin a photo of himself, and wrote "I love you, Aunt P," on the back. Wow!

I came home after dropping her off, and he immediately started in on me about how he wanted computer time.
    NO.
    He insists I told him that he could play on it with-my supervision.
    Well, that was b4 he repeatedly went into easy child's rm with-o permission, in the middle of the night, and used her computer, and b4 he sent a worm into husband's ofc computer. But can I get a word in edgewise while he's SCREAMING at me? Nope.

Oh well. He's a difficult child. My expectations have been seriously lowered.
    So when he does something nice, it's a miracle and a surprise.

10. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

Kinda like digging through the dirt and finding a gold nugget, I guess. It doesn't mean you've suddenly hit the motherlode, but you can appreciate the value and beauty of it nonetheless. :D