He told the truth! Woo hoo!!!!

TerryJ2

The lingerie in difficult child' backpack was, indeed the neighbor's. I am so relieved. difficult child really has to prove himself to us day by day. It's going to take a long time to get that trust back. I have no idea if it really was in his backpack all that time or if it was buried in the laundry or in his rm, but at least it isn't something new. I am so relieved I'm dancing in the hallways!
:jumphappy:
He spent an hr doing chores today, incl. moving the sectional couch, cleaning toys and wrappers, and vaccuming junk from 1942. Blech. He's really good at chores once he puts his mind to them. :kisses:

Andy

Such good new for you. I am glad you are having a great day.

p.s. Your memory amazes me - now you are remembering 1942 and I am sure you were not even close to being born yet! LOL ;)

trinityroyal

Woo hoo!
Terry, I'm so glad and I can "hear" the relief in your voice.

I know what you mean about difficult child regaining your trust slowly, day by day. It's a tough row to hoe but it seems like you're all making progress. I suspect that calling a spade a spade (i.e. "liar and thief rather" than "inappropriate boundaries") is helping to make things very clear for difficult child.

As for the chores, Woo Hoo! Glad that difficult child is cleaning up, and that he's good at it.

Trinity

susiestar

Roll With It
I am glad he told the truth AND that he did not take the lingerie from another friend's mom. BOTH of those are great things!!

I do wonder why he was carrying them around again, or still, and what need they fill in him. I think until you find out what need they fill this will keep happening. I know that many Aspies obsess or perseverate on one thing, sometimes for long periods of time. If you are thinking he is Aspie (and he does show some traits, in my opinion) then figuring out what the obsession does for him, and finding an acceptable substitute will be necessary to stop the behavior. Just one opinion here.

It is great, indeed AWESOME that he told the truth. It is SO hard to rebuild the trust, I am glad he is working on it And that he did so many chores!

Susie

gcvmom

Here we go again!
That's SOOOOOO AWESOME!

You are so right about trust being such a fragile thing that takes a long time to rebuild. Hopefully he sees that too.

Can you send him over here to vacuum under my couch now? I'm afraid to look... ;)

TerryJ2

Thank you all.
Heh heh. I was afraid to look, too. Lots of fur with-two collies ... euw.
He's got the day off today. Wrote a book report with-minimal fuss. Amazing. (Of course, it was assigned last mo., and he waited until the night b4, but hey, it's done. :) )