HE WENT TO WORK TODAY - language

Star*

call 911........call 911
The morning started off very rough.

BECAUSE you can not tell a child who hasn't worked since August, stayed up all night and slept all day that in a week he'll have a job and should get back in the habit of sleeping at night and being awake in the day. hmmm.

So.....needless to say Captain Crab got his one wakeup call, and missed getting dressed, missed dressing warmly for working outdoors, missed packing a lunch, missed taking his puppy out (Thanks Grandma), missed breakfast, and nearly missed a car ride....then tried to put it all together in a blaze of angry, yelling, fury which was directed at the only person awake and in the path of hurricane Dude.....me. Tried is the key word here.

However I countered with a NorEaster, unlike that which none has seen in this century and unleashed the mighty fury of pent up frustration and calm demeanor, of a non-therapeutically enhanced Warrior Mom and I let er BLOW......and when I say BLOW.......MAN by the time I was done blowing? The leaves in the front yard were up against the fence and the grass was barely holding on to the dirt by it's roots. We're lucky we still have shingles. I let Little Lord FontLeroy know just exactly how the "entitlement" benefits of which he was so grandly reaping would end if his mouth didn't snap shut. I'm also fairly certain that somewhere in there - were the words ungrateful, lazy, homeless and absolutely certain I uttered Frogs Uncle as my opening line. Not proud of it, but it's what came out - you can only take so much when you are stupid enough to continue to help someone that treats you like toe jam. I'm not sure which look was more priceless the look on his face or DF's. It just came out in anger. Obviously not in control I just ran with the rest of whatever came to my mind and mouth. :mad::sick:

Then just as quickly as it came over me, it went away, I put the lid on my coffee, left an open mouthed Dude to shove some oatmeal in that hole....and said "I'm leaving here in five minutes...if you want a ride your ***** should be in the car, because I"m not waiting on you any longer and if you say one word to me on the way to work, one sneer, one hoovering of your teeth, one rolling of the eyes, or exhale, I swear to the Almighty I'll pull over on the freeway and put you out on the side of the road, and you can get wherever you're going the best way you know how because I.HAVE.HAD.IT.WITH.YOU."

And I got my coffee and left. DF was still standing there looking at me like - WOW - are you okay? (Probably checked the car for weapons) :anxious:

There was utter silence in the car......all the way to work.

Got there, he waited outside for his boss whom he had not met. They finally met and in walks a totally different lighthearted, happy go lucky Dude who comes into my office smiling and says as if nothing happened "Hey Momma, he's a cool Dude, I'm going to like working with him - this is great. Cool, thanks for the job."

(SOMEONE JUST SLAP ME) ----Up until this point - there has been NO thanks whatsoever....just complaining that he would NOT be able to go to FL for Christmas. So all this has been anxiety masked as ungrateful manchild syndrome? BULL-ONEY.

DF said he's counting on this job to keep Dude out of the house during the day, and in bed and not roaming the house at night. Then in a few weeks they are working out of town for three months. YIPPEE. I hope he makes so much money he pays off his fines, and moves out.

OH PLEASE LET THIS BE THE THING FOR HIM.....:angel3::angel3::angel3:(how many of these can you put here?)
And send me case of Orbit for my filthy mouth.

Thanks.

N

Nomad

Glad he made it to work.

I would continue LIMITING your involvement.

If he wants you to be a wake up call, consider buying a BULL HORN.

GOOD MORNING FROM YOUR MAMMA!

N

Nomad

Seriously, I would perhaps wake him up a grand total of one more day.
I would also "gift" him with a user friendly alarm clock.
Help him set it up a grand total of one night...double checking that it is set up correctly.
Then...I would let him be....and keep your fingers crossed. So be it. It is what it is and all the other cliches....

Star*

call 911........call 911
I (snicker) have an airhorn in a can.......ROFLMAO.

All ashore that's going ashore.......

Thanks Auntie Nomad......

Good idea.

Step - WOULD LOVE TO WAKE Onyxx up.....no problem.

trinityroyal

Star,

Sometimes things just need to be said. And I think you said them.

I look at those explosions kind of like a reboot of the detachment server. Server's not working so well, detachment 101 program is buggy. You try a warm restart. Detachment program is still buggy. So...you need to do a full system shutdown and restart. The explosion comes up when you restart the firewall...

Glad to hear that Dude got to work AND zipped his lip on the ride there. I agree with Nomad's advice. Now that the detachment server has been rebooted and the program's running again, step AWAY from the Dude.

Trinity

DammitJanet

Out of town work...good for the soul...lmao.

Does he need anyone else on the crew? Ive got one with a bad back but is willing to put that aside and do whatever. Go to Fl? ha...Cory is just hoping he isnt spending Xmas in jail...lol. He has his trial on the 14th.

Hope this works out. Dude needs to stop this crabby garbage.

trinityroyal

Trin - apparently we all have to reboot sometimes.

We do indeed. I rebooted my server recently too. Sadly, husband was the one who caught the Frog's Uncle, when I was aiming at difficult child. Not that I should be throwing those around at anyone...

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG.....ROFLMAO.....if there is any laughter to be had at my expense over Frogs Uncle ---Step? You and Witz just sealed it for me. Ladies - (in my worst British accent)

Me hats off to you! (snicker) Bet THAT was a PM you'd rather not have opened. :surprise::tongue: So sorry. :ashamed:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I don't understand Uncle Frog (PM me, too) and appreciate that I didn't need to edit Star this time. :rofl:

Thanks, Starbie. :flower:

Suz

M

ML

Can I rent you by the hour to wake up my basement dweller? This is priceless. I love Trin's analogy of the detachment server reboot. So very true.

I sure hope this works out for him!

Extra self care is in order for tonight.

Hugs and Love,

ML

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I love Trin's analogy of the detachment server reboot. So very true.

Trinity, I meant to mention this, as well. Your analogy is classic; perfection, and it made me laugh, too. Thanks!

Suz