Heading to the Hospital UPDATE pg 2

susiestar

Roll With It
Thank you so much, everyone!

I am so sorry I couldn't update before now. There was no internet access at the hospital.

We are home, she is still sore, but well on the road to recovery. We still do not know WHY, but the doctor thinks it may be the IBS. It will take a few weeks to have her innards adjust and recover, but they will.

We are to call the pediatrician. gastro and get in to his pediatrician nutritionist, as that is better than our adult nutritionist, as far as results go.

The doctor was very up-front with us. She even pushed the insurance co to do everything inpatient rather than ER based, due to the humiliation factor of having your bowels cleaned out with enemas in a room with a glass wall. (We LIKE this doctor!)

And, after the "high tech" attempts like miralax and go-lightly, what made progress was an older doctor's mother's home remedy. .

BUT as long as it worked, it is A-OK with me!!!

Jess was a TROUPER through it all. Once she heard there were 6 babies (under 12 months) on the floor with pneumonia, she was really really patient if she had to wait for things.

I was not really happy with the day people, never met the day RN, just the aide. And I had to stop her and ask her NAME!! before she proceeded with the treatment.

The night shift RN and aide were great. The night RN explained what the bowel sounds meant, and how they were changing. I have the form to put in "atta girls" for them.

Before the treatment started I asked to go down to the gift shop and the snack bar, and their was plenty of time before treatment started. As I went down our reverend came in and gave me a hug. He went up to see Jess, then said bye as I left. He said she had the biggest bear he had ever seen, he was amazed. I was confused, all she brought was Tigger. One of the nurses buys BIG bears for the kids. And I mean BIG!!!

Today's xray shows the masses have moved down to the area they are supposed to be, same for the gas areas. So we are on the way to recovery!!!! Just have to figure out how to prevent it from happening again.

And they still say that there may be some gall bladder issues, we just won't know until everything settles down.

I was treated nicely as well, with an automatic guest tray at each meal, and drinks.

I am WIPED OUT and am going to sleep. husband had a dental visit and is fielding kid stuff for the evening.

I cannot tell you how much it means to me to have the support you all gave, I really appreciate it.

Hugs and Thanks,

Susie

Star*

call 911........call 911
Susie -

What a trooper Jess was. Glad to hear she is feeling better. Love that nurse for giving a big bear - she's really an angel you know.

Hugs
Star

Estherfromjerusalem

Susie,

Thanks for letting us know. I hope she continues to feel better and the main thing is that I hope she doesn't have that sort of pain any more.

Now, you get some rest, Susie. You are still recovering yourself, with your neck problems.

Keep us informed. Here's a gentle hug for you.

Love, Esther

Lostparent

While I did not read all the post I will give my advice.When my daughter was younger(and still now)she has this same issue.I found that if I gave her a diet rich in fruits(grapes worked the best)she would be relieved of the pain and discomfort.I don't know what you have tried but it might be worth a shot.
I think over all you had one of the best hospital experiences you could ask for and I would continue to go there!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Susie

I'm so glad you could update. And am also glad the treatment is working and recovery is well underway. I'm sure you're both releaved!

Kuddos to Jess for being a trouper! (not sure I could be under the same circumstances lol)

Hugs to you both! :flower: