Heard the Heartbeat, Bought a Crib!

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Had a wonderful day yesterday with S (difficult child's girlfriend) Doctor appointment went well, and I got tears in my eyes when I heard baby's heartbeat!! :bigsmile:

On the way back, we stopped at a thrift store, and compared cribs. Decided on one, and I bought it!! S was a little upset, saying, "No, you don't have to do that. I have money!" But I wrote the check anyway. It's only the 2nd thing I've bought for the baby.

So then she said, "Well, I'll use my money for a car seat, then!" Which she did. And also picked out a few baby clothes.

Then we spent the rest of the day re-arranging their tiny apartment. Nice bonding time!! difficult child came home in the midst of everything, and was able to hide his "***!!" reaction pretty well. He actually took an active part, once the shock wore off, and we ended up going with his ideas on furniture placement. Turned out really good!

A fun day. Nice to spend time alone with S, and to feel so helpful.

When I left, difficult child walked me down to my car. We stood & talked a bit. I told him, "You can still call me, even tho you're using again." That's been a thing between us, of course I draw back from him when he's using. The look of relief on difficult child's face was evident. We'll see what happens.

S called me before I got home, to tell me she put the crib together, and there aren't any missing parts!

Peace

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sounds like a truely wonderful day. :D

Saying a prayer as this baby becomes more "real" to difficult child it'll motivate him to put the drugs aside forever.

Spoiling grandkids is awesome fun. lol

((hugs))

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG somewhere there are little Harley booties.....lol.....right? I know there are!

You sound WONDERFUL ponygirl.....just fantastic news. I'm so glad you were able to reach out to your son and that you had some bonding time with your grandchilds Mom. YOU'RE GONNA BE A COOL GRANDMA!!!!

I get the feeling = it's a boy. Do you know? Any ideas......

Patiently waiting Auntie Star.....er GREAT Auntie Star.....

lovemysons

Aww, too cool...You know that Joy you felt when you heard grandbabies lil heartbeat is gonna be bursting at the seams when you actually see and hold your grandbaby for the first time. There is just nothing better than being a grandma, in my opinion. My lil Joey, lol "my" well when he reaches out for me to hold him the moment he sees me I am just ALL his, lol. I will just sit and play with him watch him climb stairs investigate make silly sounds with our lips blow kisses at each other etc and it is just like the best time I've had in years, lol. You're gonna love it!!!

Also sounds like you and difficult child's girlfriend are starting to form your own special relationship. I can't emphasis enough how important it is to stay out of their relationship but to always be very supportive nurturing happy to see mom. This is what I have done with M and coincidentally she and I visited 4 consignment stores together this past Monday and picked out a TON of nice, top of the line, baby boy clothes for winter. Like you, I also bought the crib and M and I put it together...though, lol, she breastfed and I think lil Joey spent more time in HER bed than his crib over this past year but now he is using a bottle and may be using his crib more, dunno.

Glad to hear you and difficult child getting along...I can certainly understand your wanting to back off some when difficult child is using again though, sorry. Hopefully he will want to adopt more of a "good father" role and stop using at some point down the road.
My young difficult child, Jarod, while in Germany talked to me on the phone about the kind of father he wanted to be etc. I know it really does effect them. Sadly my young difficult child seems to be afraid of parenting at this time...he is just not involved right now with lil Joey because he wants to divorce Mindy and says he probibly won't see Joey til after they are divorced.
Anyway, I hope you will have a wonderful relationship with your grandbaby's mamma regardless of difficult child and she and I just KNOW you are going to have a special sparkle in your eyes every time you see your grandbaby, just as I do with mine. They are just the BESTEST!

hugs and love,
Tammy

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Oh, YES, Great Auntie Star! Ultrasound last month revealed baby is a BOY! They have chosen his name to be Julius Michael.
:bravo:
Do you love that name?? I think it's awesome!

And YES, I Am the Coolest Grandma Ever!! Already got him a little onesie that says, "My Grandma's A Biker" :rofl:

I am not holding much hope that difficult child & S will stay together. If he keeps using, it would be best that they weren't together. But I am fairly convinced, I won't be out of Julius' life, ever.

S likes me a lot, and I her. I seem to have had that effect on all of difficult child's girlfriend's so far......they end up liking ME more than they like him......:rolleyes:
Peace

Star*

call 911........call 911
OH HOW COOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

(I'm 5 for 5 on the baby guessing for the board) I know someone here is having twins too - they just dont' know it - lol

I am soooooo soooo happy for you! Would love to have a sled, to go on a toy run or a putt with youze guys....(baby toy run that is) lol Since DF's disability - we have both gotten serious web head. (it's probably more thick in DF's head than mine - come to think of it he can be thick at times - but not meeeeeee) lol

Hang in there! Congrammalations!