Heck of a way to start the quarter.......

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Still sick but not as bad. Weak as a newborn kitten though.:sick: Cough medication from doctor is awesome.....except that right at hour 3 it stops working and I know that cuz I start coughing my lungs up again. I'm half way thru the z pak. And I'm under orders from easy child that if I am not ALOT better by the end of taking the medication that I have to get my fanny into the doctor. After seeing me when she dropped off the medications she firmly believes I had h1n1 that went into brochitis that went into pneumonia. If the z pak doesn't work I'll probably have to be hospitalized and put on IV medications.

I won't like it if that happens, but I don't intend to fight it either. Let's just say I don't take breathing as much for granted as I did before I got sick.

Heck of a way to start the quarter off. I was sick with a less severe but similar virus the start of last quarter. This is not a good trend.

I had to get up an hour earlier so I had time to cough thru the nasties before starting my morning routine. :faint: This wouldn't have been too bad except husband kept me up most of the night. To give him credit he was attempting to be considerate. ( a first for him) The virus has hit him full force. He kept getting up and leaving the room when the coughing fits hit. Unfortunately he's such a big man that every time he got out of the bed it woke me back up.:tongue:

So I'm going to school today drugged up to the hilt between the cough medications, tylenol, antibiotic and cough drops. husband is driving me this morning. I'll see how I handle school today and it will decide if I drive myself tomorrow. I've already warned him that I'll most likely be utterly exhausted when I get home and will need a nap before doing anything else.

Ought to be interesting. I've got a full day ahead of me. But I just can't bring myself to miss a day. Puts you too darn far behind, and first day of the quarter is the worst day to miss.....you're left not knowing a darn thing of what's going on.

Plus I want to have a serious talk with the other students over doing something about the pharm instructor. No matter how hard I try I just can't let it go. We have to ban together and do it as a group.

Grabbing me some breakfast and getting ready to hop in the shower. Sort of feel for husband for having to drive me after not sleeping worth a darn last night.......But not really. Karma is wicked stuff. lol

Anyone want to bet on how many times I fall alseep in class today?? LOL

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
That was the shortest school day on record. I got sent home until I finish the antibiotic. Instructor does not want to risk it going around the class......or me getting worse. Can't say as I blame her.

But it did let me get handouts and assignments and I won't feel like I haven't a clue what's going on when I get back.

Now all I have to do is hope that antibiotic does the trick.

crazymama30

Wow. Untill you finish the antibiotic? I thought that most times you are not contagious after being on antibiotics for 48hrs.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yup. That's what she said. I've got 3 days left on the antibiotic which means no school this week. (we don't go on fridays) :(

This instructor also knows I have CRF....so this is as much for me as the rest of the class.

I've got someone taking notes for me. And another student is putting lecture onto CD. He records them on his MP3 player then burns them. If it doesn't look like I'll get back to class in time for the CD to come in handy, he'll email me the file so I can listen to it here at home.

KTMom91

Miss KT missed 10 days of school with h1n1 last fall. Hope you're able to get your much needed rest!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Rest up Sweetie! I'm glad the instructor sent you home. She knows you want to be there but need to get well. Hugs.