Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho

crazymama30

It's off to work I go!

I am a nervous wreck. This is my first day back since husband's psychiatric hospital stay. husband is supposed to pick the kids up from school. Luckily in this dept I can leave if I need to, but I need to go to work. I am almost out of vacation pay and want to save my sick in case.

husband is doing so much better, he still is pretty fragile, but I have left notes for him and he is used to me doing that so maybe that will help.

This is all so hard. I have been sleeping a little better, will call and get an appointment with my primary doctor for tommorrow to maybe get a sleeper and maybe something else--don't know for sure if I need the sleeper, 2 melatonins and 2 benadryl put me out within an hour last night but I was really working hard at relaxing. What a contradiction in terms, working hard at relaxing!

We will see how I am by the end of the day.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I hope you have a wonderful day. :D

I've been using a generic form of sleep aide over the counter, non addictive. Is just enough to relax me for sleep, but not so much as I get a lovely hangover the next morning. You know something like somonex.....but that's not it's name. Haven't had enough coffee yet. lol

Did the melatonin....didn't do a thing for me, although it worked great for Travis. Allergy medications don't make me sleepy, so that wasn't an option for me. I've done seroquel and trazadone and while they worked great.......I also had major issues waking up and that darned hangover effect.

husband should be fine, and I'm sure by now you need to get out of the houseand get your mind on something else if nothing else. :)

Hugs

flutterby

Fly away!
It will probably make you feel better to go back to work and have a sense of normalcy again. Plus, work is a great distraction.

crazymama30

It probably will be good, and this is a really busy day at work. We do a wound clinic with a plastic surgeon today and we are usually double and triple booked every half hour. Really really busy, I won't have time to think about husband.

But I am sure I will, lol, just cannot help myself.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Maybe you can check in on him via phone at lunchtime. That may help take the edge off your anxiety.

Hope your day goes by quickly!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
The active ingredient in Sominex (or 'Wal-Som' in generic) IS actually an older antihistamine.

The other OTC sleep aids are just 50mg of 'Benadryl' active ingredient.

Sominex helps a little bit for me, as does melatonin, but I am planning to ask my psychiatrist to put me back on Ambien on Friday because I am ramping up into my usual autumn flake-out.

crazymama30

Had a good day, really busy. I was kinda spacey and scattered, but thankfully no one complained. Long day, is good to be home.

husband made it to pick up both kids, even did the dishes! He was going to go get his fasting blood draw untill I told him that you cannot just not eat and drink pepsi's and have it count. He said no one told him he could not drink pepsi's!! Wonder if that could be effecting his triglycerides--they are sky high.

I was actually really impressed over him doing the dishes, guess that seems kinda silly, but he saw something that needed done and did it. Guess I am easy to please.