He'll never change

TerryJ2

I got a call today from the fraud dept. of my credit card company. $30 was charged but kicked back to some online game company. Not I, I said. Cancel the card.
I knew immediately who had done it.
(I can't figure out how the credit card company knew it was unauthorized ... I guess Farm Fresh and Macy's are my only charges, LOL!)

I sat difficult child down and asked him to tell me about XYZ (I honestly can't even remember the name now). He said "What about it?" "It's an online gaming company. Tell me how it works."

He got all flustered and said an online friend gifted something to him and he was paying him back.

"With my credit card? That you stole out of my purse?"

Someone's knocking on my ofc door. Either husband or difficult child. I do NOT feel like talking right now.

More later.

klmno

Geez...I'm telling you, it really must come with the young teen boys' testorone or something. My son did this and I hear about it more and more all the time.

C

Cari Lynn

I too have had this happen with a gaming company on line and my son said the same as yours did!! Only our son took his savings acct. # that I was the primary on it, I opened it for him and he took $50 out of it. I called the bank as I could not understand why a child, he was 15 at the time, could do this and I also went after the gaming company and wanted them to shut his account off. Course, the gaming company gave me all kinds of grief, saying they couldn't technically do that, my son would have to do that, they couldn't prove I was his mom or he was 15, needless to say that conversation went down him from there. As for the bank, they too got a "come to jesus" meeting from me, they wouldn't do anything to help me as on page 13 in some fine print that I apparently neglected to see when I signed the contract, there was nothing they could do. So, I closed the account and put it all in my personal savings account then told them I would tell everyone in town how unhelpful they were. Oh I was mad!!

TerryJ2

Thank you. I've already been through it all on phone downloads, too. They're usually nice about it (probably because you all have been there first and roughed them up).
difficult child no longer has his computer. Period.

DammitJanet

Oh I have so been there. My phone eventually got locked up like Ft. Knox. Bell South and I worked for 3 months to find a way to beat Cory.

klmno

Yep- I was there with phones, too- even an office issued cell. It didn't go too well but fortunately, they at least knew it wasn't me that went to the 900 numbers. There is no end to what some of these kids will do.

I'm thinking though, that when my son is released next year he'll be 16yo and I'm not going down the warpath over the computer. I'll protect my finances as much as I possibly can, report him if he steals from me again, but I'll be darned if I can look at protecting him from certain websites or whatever the way I struggled to when he was younger.