Hello all

Loving Abbey 2

Not really a Newbie
Just wanted to say hi. I've a bit occupied with difficult child. Basically, things are still awful. I'm tired. I'm half way through my second read of the explosive child (first time was years ago and I really don't remember reading any of it now). I really don't think anything I do makes a difference with difficult child. The most ironic thing is that time away from her is actually worse. I actually breath for a moment and stop being hypervigilent, and laugh or smile...perhaps even feel good. And then I am back with her and life is awful again. It's lilke why bother trying to enjoy life, I just end up back in the dungeon.

I hope you all are hanging in there! I'm going to try to make an effort be be around again.

Michelle

Wiped Out

Staff member
Michelle,
Good to "see" you. I"m sorry things are so hard right now. Has she seen the psychiatrist recently for a medication check to make sure she is stable? You sound like you need more frequent breaks for "me" time. I know that is a lot easier said than done. Hugs.

LittleDudesMom

Michelle,

glad you are back with us. Don't cut yourself short and underestimate your influence on difficult child.

As far as having time away make things worse - try looking at the time she is gone as respite. Don't let your guard down; don't expect things to be better when she returns. Just use the time to recharge and get ready for the next round.

Sometimes it's all in the way you look at it.

Sharon

Christy

Glad to hear from you :) I certainly know how you are feeling. I often feel like we have made no progress with my son. We make progress in one area while other problems get worse. I sometimes wonder if I will ever get to enjoy life in the same way that easy child parents get to live. That being said, I think about how difficult things are for our son, how many experiences he misses out on because he can't keep his emotions under control and I realize just how much he needs us in his corner. It a thankless job at many times but I can't imagine what life for a difficult child would be like without warrior parents like us! Relax and recharge when you can and get readyfor the next round. You can do this and your daughter's life is better because you do!

Christy

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Yeah sometimes you feel like why bother? Recharge what does that even mean? I only get away for an hour or so a couple of times a month. I feel like why bother. But I know I need to not feel that way. It has to be good somewhere deep in there, somewhere!
Once we move I am going to try and get more me time, it will make a difference, we have to convince ourselves of that!!!
Let go if only for a moment... glad to see you also.