Hello an oldie back again.

DammitJanet

meadowlark...

I will be thinking about you today. I hope they do the right thing and get your son some help.

I have to tell you that I got worried when you posted that you were going to do this because you have all those younger kids in the home. I dont know what a charge of abandonment will do to you as far as keeping those kids. That is my worry. I hope it isnt an issue. Hopefully they will see that this is something that you are doing to get your son the help he needs and not because you simply dont want to take care of him.

Please keep us updated on what goes on. I so hate these bureaucracies.

TexasTornado

Yes, Janet I was worrying this same thing all this time....I just dont know abt these people-I dont think we ever can-which is VERY worrying........
I will be praying for you and the kids and that you can get the help for your son that he needs Meadowlark{{HUGS}}
Luvs,
Kathy

LittleDudesMom

Hi MeadowLark and welcome back!

You know we always open our arms no matter how long our members have been gone! I'm glad you've come back again. What you are going through is incredibly difficult and sharing your thoughts and your pain with those who understand and can relate is a good thing for you. You know you are not alone.

Hugs,
Sharon

MeadowLark

Thankyou Everyone,
Well, today holds more confusion. It seems that they have not taken custody of my son yet! D.S.S. called to see if we knew of other options. LOL! They asked if we had heard about "continuum of care" well... yes. We finally heard about it in one sentence on the phone a few weeks ago. We were told to go to a computer and print out the application and fill it out. sigh... we did; until we could no longer answer the questions. Then, stumped we stopped. We needed professionals to fill out the rest. We couldn't get "them" to do it!
Today, also we were told that we could even "hunt for an institution on our own as long as it took medicaid and was in SC; we could do all the paperwork ourselves. Then, we could keep full custody and pay all the bills ourselves :rolleyes: " ( I dont know where you guys get the cute thingies for expressions in here any more.)( Hey it worked.. where are the rest of them so I can memorize them?)
Problem : My son's past will not allow him into any of the places we could find on our own. Or,he didn't qualify due to his age not fitting or some other "little" thing. So far, DSS is no real help.. and yes I'm just as leary as ya'll are. I fear they will try some under handed way to tear us apart. But; I still need to see help for my son and peace for my family.
Currently, I've got a headache (wonderful pollen season here.) Tension... just achy sore body from stress of unknowing and wanting to see all go well.
Somebody, pass me a non-alcoholic drink that doesn't have sugar in it! Doesn't taste good and won't bring my bloodsugar up! Just be a nice warm fuzzy :laugh: LOL!!!
oh, by the way :laugh: My kids had their first run in with a cute 3 foot long black snake in the yard today. Ya shoulda seen them charge into the house screamin!! I got to see it briefly... but not the whole thing; just the last two feet and tail. hmmm... I do hope it was the non-poisonous type.
Ok. I'm definately hoping for some sleep tonight!
Huggles
MeadowLark

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
MeadowLark, what a nice surprise to see you again. I'm so sorry that it's because of bad news. I hope you won't be a stranger.

Big hugs to you,
Suz