Hello and Update

tpcmom

I know it's been a while but I haven't been around, life has not been kind to me and my family lately.

We still have no news on Timmy's murderers and I pray every night that God gives us strength to carry on.

I wanted to share this you tube video I had participated in with an Anti-Violence group, I am the voice over and each number you see is the number of each death that happened in 2007. There were 392 murders in Philadelphia last year. They are trying to get some of the major networks to pick up this video and I do hope them to be successful. It was very well done. I hope you don't mind my sharing. And I hope you are all doing well and I wish maybe one day I can come more often. I did join a very great group of moms called Mothers In Charge, it has what kept me going. We went to a rally in Harrisburg about the gun law being when someone loses or has a gun stolen that they have to report it, I just don't understand how any responsible person who does own a gun and it gets lost or stolen that they wouldn't want to report it, why a law needs to be made to have this done just baffles me.

Well here is the link and please pass it on and let me know what you think.

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ms8LENXIj2E"]YouTube - Philadelphia AVP - PSA[/ame]

Take care everyone and good wishes to you all.
Bette

gcvmom

Here we go again!
WOW -- VERY POWERFUL PSA. I hope it gets the coverage it deserves. What a wonderful way to channel your grief -- you are to be commended for having the strength to be part of something like that after suffering such a horrible and tragic loss.

Hope things get better for you and your family soon.

(((((HUGS)))))

tiredmommy

Bette,
Thank you for checking in, I was just thinking about your family. I keep praying for justice for Tim, a better life for difficult child, and peace for you and easy child. {{{Hugs}}}

susiestar

Roll With It
Thank you for checking in with us. We care about you and worry about how you are doing.

The video is amazing. So short, and so much emotion evoked by it. I think it would be wonderful to have it picked up by the tv stations. If I can help get it picked up, let me know how.

Powerful is a wonderful word to describe the video.

Hugs, don't forget to check in with us, please.

Susie

Bette,

That was indeed a powerful. moving PSA. You had to have had all your warrior gear on for that one.

I think of you often, and am very glad you checked in. I continue to pray for you and your precious sons.

tpcmom

Thank you everyone, I try to share as much about what's going on. I've been coming here a very long time, it started with Tim when he was about 8 years old. So, that's about 7-8 years??? I fought so many schools and so many principals to get him the education that he deserved and wasn't getting. and I'll still fight for him until the very end. It's wearing, but I need to do it for my broken heart to know that I'm still there fighting for him.

I thank you all for your prayers. My boys are hanging in there, my oldest has to serve time for an incident he was in and then he is going to a rehab. I just hope and pray that his nightmares leave him, since he has had no counseling or grief therapy, and no one to cry to. You have to cry, your body needs that release and I'm so sad for him, my heart aches every day, I cry every night still.

It is very powerful message, the guys who did this were so very very nice. I do hope they have success in getting this message out.

I'm also getting a billboard put up. Should be within the next few weeks. When it does, I'll try and get pictures and post.

gottaloveem

Bette,
The PSA you did was nicely done, it brought tears to my eyes. Yep, I agree with you that you have to cry, I always looked at grief tears as stitches for the heart. Take care of yourself.
Lia