Hello! I'm new here and need help with my 8 year old who has adhd and odd

bree1679

Ahh where to begin. My daughter who is 8 has recently started lying to us about lots of things mainly school. When my husband and I sit down and talk with her about it, she swears up and down that she didn't do it. I don't know if this is a phase she is going through or if she's just wanting attention. The other day her school called and asked us to pick her up because she was too disruptive in class. I honestly just don;t know what to do anymore. My husband is thinking about going to school with her and sitting in her class which is almost impossible considering I work and there would be no one to stay home with our son who is 3. Any ideas, suggestions?!? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

H

happy

Hi bree1679, I'm new here as well, so sorry no advice from me. My son is 7 y/o and I'm thinking he may have ADHD?? I don't know yet?
Lots of information on here tho. Good luck to you.

BusynMember

Hi there and welcome.
Who diagnosed her and has she ever had a neuropsychologist evaluation? ADHD/ODD is often a first diagnosis that changes with time. How was your child's early development? Any social problems?

TerryJ2

Hi Bree,
welcome.
Has she been seen by a therapist, psychiatrist, or neurologist yet?
When did this behavior start ... not just the lying, but the energy level?
What was she like as a baby?

Marguerite

Hi Bree.

We've got a current thread going titled Asperger's and Lying (or similar). Go read through that, because a lot of that discussion will have a direct connection to you and your problems.

Welcome, stick around.

Marg