Hello, my name is Jenn

Pandora_2024

Thank you, yes he had this behavior when he came to me. Stealing food adn hiding it, lieinf, failing grades or at least medeocre grades. He went to 5 different schools in one year. I have to call a few therapists and trying to find a good fit for him.

Pandora_2024

I have told the guy at the evaluation for Vallet communtiy services boared adn they say that that plus everyhting is is not enough to have him admitted to a facility. They make me feel like it is my fault he is this way.

keista

I have told the guy at the evaluation for Vallet communtiy services boared adn they say that that plus everyhting is is not enough to have him admitted to a facility. They make me feel like it is my fault he is this way.
They always do. That's part of the reason you have to wear Warrior Mom Armor :warriorsmiley::warrior:

does every state have an FAPE?
Yes, it's Federal guidelines. Free Appropriate Public Education. It's the whole reason behind IEPs. Just sounds like your school isn't being very effective with providing it if he's still failing.

buddy

Originally Posted by Pandora_2024

They always do. That's part of the reason you have to wear Warrior Mom Armor

yup, that about says it all.... and it happens in so many different settings, doctors (until you find a good match) therapists, teachers, bus drivers, bus aides, teacher aides, store clerks, blah blah blah. Keep the armor handy. Come here and we will help you pound out the dents after any serious beatings.

Just think to yourself, lalalalalalala and keep asking for what you need..... (I actually had a Special Education bus driver (ok get it she drives a bus for kids with problems!) that my kid was so rude she is going to call child protective services because I must be such a terrible mother, and even though I know I am NOT a bad mother, even with my mistakes, I KNOW this is a neurological problem and I am doing a great job so go for it. I did not break the law here, you did, breaking confidentiality and screaming about him using his name in public in front of the school... uggg and she was NOT fired, supposedly got in trouble but not fired, can you imagine??? witnesses everywhere) That stuff hurts, but we have to have tons of self talk to just correct that stupid thinking in our own minds. We do our best with what we know and have available. You are doing your best.....just keep trying and that is all anyone can ask.

BusynMember

Hate to be a broken record, but this kid sounds like he has attachment problems. With his history, it would be likely. I am not sure a therapist is enough to help him. Has he seen a psychiatrist? A neuropsychologist?

InsaneCdn

Hate to be a broken record, but this kid sounds like he has attachment problems. With his history, it would be likely. I am not sure a therapist is enough to help him. Has he seen a psychiatrist? A neuropsychologist?

More than that... has he seen a psychiatrist/therapist who specializes in attachment disorders?

Pandora_2024

Thank you everyone, as far as I know he has not been to a specific thrapist, just a gemeral one and I am trying to find someone that deals specificly with kids at the moment, not adults and kids. Kids are so totally different then us.
I loved the worrior mom armor, I feel like i have it on all the time, defending him (which I do not mind) but i have to even defend things to my mom, she thinks he was made this way cause he has not been with me and they must have done horrible things to him. I do not believe it. Hid gma and me have gotten really close ( never saw that coming) My mom can not stand her but lets just say my mom should not be throwing stones...
I will look up the FAPE and go into the IEP meeting more prepaird then I have before..I just sod not want to set him up to fail but I wirroy about not being able to home school him because he gets so under my skin so easily.
I am going to go get the amino acids and start him on them today. We have tried everyhting else, so I figure something natural wont do any harm adn I have read up on it, if I can it to hel a little and focus on the other issues as well.
His Dr said I had to wait for te apt I had at the place this summer for the evaluations..so it is still a long road to wait. I just hope they can figur eout what is going on him and the tools to help. I really want tog et him on the right path before HighSchool cause we do not want to see him end up in jail or worse.

Thank you guys for all the support. For the first time since he got here, I do not feel alone in dealing with him.:group-hug:

DDD

I'm glad you are feeling support. Do you have anyone in your community who can provide help, support and guidance in person? Almost all of us have had to find people (or at least someone) to help us find the help that our children need. Some of us have been lucky to find a knowledgeable counselor at school or a caring Pediatrician. Others have reached out to the community agencies who provide mental health services for chldren.

Do you have insurance available to help you in your search? It's wonderful that you are trying so hard but the situation is very complicated and it would be best to have an advocate at your side. Hugs DDD