Hello to all my old CD board friends!

Cass1

Oh how Ive missed this place I didnt realize how long its been since Ive been here it says I last was here June 2nd 2008 just before our grandson came to live with us.Life has been so busy since then I forgot what it was like to look after a little one.I decided Im making more time for myself and one thing on my list was to get back here a place I really enjoyed with very supportive people :) I need to update my things on here then I will add to this thread with a bit of a update as to whats been going on over the past year and a half :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well look what the Great Northern winds blew in......(lol)

WELCOME BACK CASS!!! Good to see you!!

Cass1

Thank you Star for the warm welcome so great to hear from you. I was begginning to think its been so long since Ive been here noone will remember me.
So Ill try and do a quick update ..both my difficult child's live on there own now but we now have our grandson living with us due to Childrens Aid taking him from the parents difficult child # 1 and his girlfriend.It took us a year to fight for him but he is now with us and things are alot harder then I thought they would be.CAS does not want him to go back to the parents and wants us to take custody which I didnt realize that would happen they were supposed to help us with helping the parents so he could go back to the mother atleast.We already supervise the visits with the parents at all times and even this can be difficult.Our youngest kids are old enough to do alot for themselves and I had my kids at such a young age I feel Im done raising kids but its like its starting all over again with our grandson.We are limited as to who can watch him so we dont often get a break we are now paying out of our own pockets with a little help from the parents for day care twice a week cause with my back injury I need the break.We get no help financially from CAS at all yet we still have to deal with them on a regular basis.
So when I say I havent been here in so long cause Ive had so much to deal with I hope you all understand....I really missed the support on here and I look forward to being back..
On top of this situation we are still dealing with alot of problems from both difficult child's even though they dont live at home :(

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Welcome back Cass :) You're probably before my time, but don't feel bad if I don't remember you. I look forward to hearing more about you.

Sorry you're having to deal with a grandchild who's been unceremoniously dumped into your life. That's not terribly fair -- but then again the child is lucky to have someone like you in his life since the parents are unable to care for him. A difficult situation all the way around.

Mattsmom277

(((CASS))) Glad to see you poking your nose back in. I found my way back here too a while back.

Sorry your kids are still being difficult child. And that CAS isn't supportive of the kids going back to at least their mom. I imagine life is a bit crazy at this point. Glad to see you back tho!

TerryJ2

Hi Cass, welcome back. :)
Did you take that photo? It's beautiful.
Best of luck with-your new family.