help help help

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by amazeofgrace, Apr 9, 2008.

1. amazeofgrace

amazeofgrace New Member

ugh, I have difficult child II home today and he is driving me nuts!!!!!

He is sick with a flu like bug and manic to boot. He can not sit still and insists on going to school, depsite the fact he's running a fever and throwing up.

In hospital, can't do an intake until mid-may MID-MAY!!!

I feel so hopeless, I feel ashamed that I can not wait to become an empty nestor and I have no plans on dating but if I did I would be SOL because no man would put up with these 2 kids!!!:faint:

2. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

Ugh, sounds like you are in for a rough day.

I don't understand how the hospital can't evaluate him until mid-May. Around here, you go to ER and they must evaluate him. If they determine he needs to be inpatient, it is up to them to find him a bed or hold him in ER until then.

3. klmno

klmno Active Member

HHMMM! Any OTC medications for flu lying around that might make him really tired?

4. amazeofgrace

amazeofgrace New Member

tried to give him melatonin but the booger refused all medications today, sigh....

he also snuck out and walked to school and I got the call and had to go pick him up, I am still frustrated, and feel helpless, there's just no off switch and no way to make him do or not do anything!!!!!

5. klmno

klmno Active Member

Sounds like you need a roll of duct tape...

(Just kidding!)

Can you get him to take a bath (that helps my difficult child sometimes)- especially if I can get him to eat well first.

I'm sorry you are going thru it- it is rough when they are in the middle of it- and sick, too.

How old is he? I can't imagine mine trying to get to school!

6. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

I hope he finally calmed down. The only time my difficult child is calm is when he has the flu or some other illness (except for Strep-that makes him really manic). Hugs to you.