help help help

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
ugh, I have difficult child II home today and he is driving me nuts!!!!!

He is sick with a flu like bug and manic to boot. He can not sit still and insists on going to school, depsite the fact he's running a fever and throwing up.

In hospital, can't do an intake until mid-may MID-MAY!!!

I feel so hopeless, I feel ashamed that I can not wait to become an empty nestor and I have no plans on dating but if I did I would be SOL because no man would put up with these 2 kids!!!:faint:

JJJ

Ugh, sounds like you are in for a rough day.

I don't understand how the hospital can't evaluate him until mid-May. Around here, you go to ER and they must evaluate him. If they determine he needs to be inpatient, it is up to them to find him a bed or hold him in ER until then.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
tried to give him melatonin but the booger refused all medications today, sigh....

he also snuck out and walked to school and I got the call and had to go pick him up, I am still frustrated, and feel helpless, there's just no off switch and no way to make him do or not do anything!!!!!

klmno

Sounds like you need a roll of duct tape...

(Just kidding!)

Can you get him to take a bath (that helps my difficult child sometimes)- especially if I can get him to eat well first.

I'm sorry you are going thru it- it is rough when they are in the middle of it- and sick, too.

How old is he? I can't imagine mine trying to get to school!

Wiped Out

Staff member
I hope he finally calmed down. The only time my difficult child is calm is when he has the flu or some other illness (except for Strep-that makes him really manic). Hugs to you.