Help I need help with my 3 year old!!!

Mandy

Parent In Training
I don't blame you for wanting them to do the tests! Hopefully you can find a new neuro that will work with you and be understanding. It's hard to find time with relationships when you are worrying so much abt. your child. BIG HUGS!!!

karif

crazymomof4
It has been a long couple of days. We are supposed to go to the "special" pre-school geared towards kid with speech delay by 7.45 in the morning. There are a few other boys similar to Josh in there. His teacher is very nice, young but nice. He has bad nights almost every night. He sleeps better now but still very restless and up and down. Mornings are very hard. He is supposed to take Depikote in the morning with food but he refuses to eat in the morning so this week we have missed a few doses. I can't really see the differance one way or the other. He has had more times of calm and happiness though. Still tantruming but I think all the therapy and medications might be making some progress. BAby steps.:D

Mandy

Parent In Training
I think any step towards improvement is a good one!! I am very anxious to get to our appointment. next month to start!!

karif

crazymomof4
I havn't posted for a while. Things have been going, well they have been going. My difficult child is in a tail spin latley and with more medications being added at last appointment I wonder, how much more of this I can take. I don't mean how much more of him, I mean how much more medication are they going to pile on a 3 year old little boy. I know he needs it and we do see slight impovement. I think the excitment of the holidays are more than he can handle. On Saturday he was so mad at me, he threw a pillow at me and it cut the white part of my eye. I am not even mad about it, just sad that I can't help him. I feel useless and helpless sometimes. Just having a bad day.:mad:

Mandy

Parent In Training
Big Hugs Karif! I often feel hopeless and cry because I just want the most out of life for my little boy. It's a long road, and I am so glad you came here to share with us:D

I wanted to say hello, and tell you I've been there done that. It is hard trying out medications, and dealing with- aggressive behaviors. Reading through your thread, brought back memories and tears. My oldest is very aggressive, and has hit, kicked, bitten me and family, therapists, strangers, other kids etc. more times than I can count. I know how tiring and exausting life like that is. When my oldest was little, almost 3, he went into a 4 hr. long tantrum/ meltdown, and I called my mom for help.. she didn't know what to do... we wound up taking him to the hospital he was so out of control. He ripped the closet door right off the hinges, and it almost fell right on top of him! This was just the beginning.

It is painful to talk about my oldest, his problems are pretty severe, but I basically just wanted to let you know that I've been there, and I understand how frustrating, tiring and challenging this is. I am thinking of you and your son, and I wish the best for you all on this journey. You are a caring mom, and only want the best for him, and it sounds like you are doing everything you can. Hang in there!:D

karif

crazymomof4
My husband and I finally got some time to ourselves for the weekend. Just an overnight trip. We thought all was well my neighber is wonderful and can handle JOsh. Things went fine when we were gone but now that we are home he is punishing us. Tantrums, throwing things, anger, name calling. I feel guilty like there is always a price to pay when I leave. Has anyone else had this experience?:crazy2:

SRL

A lot of difficult child kids this age can't handle changes in their lives very well, some to the point of not being able to handle a trip to the store. It's not really punishing the parent but it sure feels like it!

Mandy

Parent In Training
I can definitly relate Karif! Cole is better than he used to be, but before everytime he went to his bio fathers it was like he "punished" us for leaving him there:( He would also be very agressive, angry, and throw tantrums the first few days he came back. I agree that any change in their routine is just so hard for them to grasp. Don't NOT take anymore time away though! I think it is detremental to our marriages to get some time away with our partners ONLY. Next Friday night is me and husband's night out and I can not wait!!!:D