Help! I need suggestions...

tiredmommy

I'm in week 2 of doing weight watchers and I have found lunch is the biggest challenge. I'm looking for ideas that I can pack to eat cold or reheat at work. Ideally, all the food points will be 4 to 6 points total. The only ingredient restriction is no soy.

Any ideas?

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
TM--

I think you can never go wrong with a huge salad--but then, I consider salads a treat. I love to add tons of different veggies...cucumbers, green peppers, chick peas, celery, carrots, bean sprouts. And then I like to add a scoop of cottage cheese on the side. You can probably add turkey or chicken without blowing the program. Good and good for you...

Wiped Out

Staff member
TM-Not a lot of ideas here, I'm a routine person on my lunch. I love what I bring each day which is a spinach salad with red peppers, radishes, 1 slice of deli ham, and if other veggies are looking good I toss them in (1 pt total). I also have a key lime Fiber One yogurt(0 points). A chocolate Fiber One bar (1 point) tops off my lunch. Total 3 points! Sometimes I add an orange or other fruit for an additional point.

trinityroyal

I don't know the Weight Watchers point values, but I usually pack soup or a salad for lunch. I also keep a bag of almonds at my desk and have about 10 almonds for a mid-afternoon snack if needed.

LittleDudesMom

Have you looked at WW online? They have a plethora of ideas! Also your first week book should have some good lunch ideas that you can take along.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I don't do WW but one of my absolute all-time favorite snacks is about 1-cup of dry cereal. LOVE Cheerios and Rice Chex. Not Honey Nut, just plain.

...And for more fun? Stir 'em into yogurt instead of milk.

KTMom91

I've been taking yogurt and assorted fruit and veggies for lunches at school, and I haven't been hungry. Evenings are my problem time...I had to stop buying good things to snack on.

katya02

Solace
I try to do a big salad for lunch too, with a measured amount of a favorite dressing to keep it within the points I need. My biggest problem is keeping from falling off the plan entirely and resorting to eating whatever sits closest in the fridge at lunchtime, when I'm hungry and don't have anything prepared (I work at home in my cattery). Your thread has helped my resolve to get back on program, along with having to fit into a dress for my niece's wedding this coming weekend - thank you!

When I have it together, so to speak, I like to sprinkle chopped hardcooked egg white on my salad for protein; when I do that I leave off the dressing.