Help needed for BBQ ribs

klmno

I was about to put some beef ribs in the oven with some bbq sauce, and I just realized that I don't have any bbq sauce. I normally use store bought hickory smoke flavor and a vinegar based sauce made by a local company both. I have vinegar, malt vinegar, ketchup, worstechire sauce, teriyaki sauces (a variety), carribean jerk, and a cajun type sauce.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can mix together quickly to pour over the ribs and get them in the oven for dinner tonight??

Andy

I always do the Hickory Smoked BBQ Sauce also - I think you can start the ribs with a little bit of water and then run to the nearest place that sells the BBQ sauce?

Or, KTMom and I will come over now and bring a bottle (of BBQ sauce). The least we can do as we are helping with the eating!

klmno

Well I didn't want to run to the store- I'd just washed my hair and it was wet and it's cold outside. So I mixed a little wicked brew together. We'll see if difficult child eats it. :)

klmno

Well it came out fairly well, but I can't tell you exactly how LOL! There was a lot of the cajun sauce, some worstechire sauce, and 2 types of teriyaki sauces thrown in. We had potatoes baked with onion and butter and some fresh asparagus drizzled with the left-over cheese fondue along with it. difficult child ate it and hasn't fallen over so it must have been somewhat acceptable.

It's a good thing that we only need to eat this one more time within the next day or two-

'Chelle

Making your own BBQ sauce is pretty easy, but usually I just buy my own. This is a basic recipe
1 medication onion chopped
2 tbsp butter
1/2 c ketchup
1/4 c water
2 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp light brown sugar
1 tsp prepared mustard
Salt and pepper to taste

Saute the onion in butter until tender. Add ketchup, water, vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, salt, pepper. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes.

You can add to this recipe any flavors you like - garlic, chili, substitute wine or bourbon or beer for the water, some Louisiana hot sauce. The Cajun sauce you had would have been good as an add to this recipe, about 1/2 cup or so.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
'Chelle gave you a recipe that's darn near identical to mine. So I guess the only help I can offer is with getting rid of the ribs once you're done cooking them :D Let me know what time to come over...

klmno

I got side-tracked with difficult child issues and never responded to this. Sorry! I am going to keep the recipe and think I'll try it in a couple of weeks. Thank you!! It sounds very good and I like bbq pork and beef, both!

And of course, anyone else who likes it is welcome- bring a drink and maybe a side- I'll make bbq and some bread!!