Help, there is too much testosterone in this house!!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Is there a full moon tonight? I don't know WHY the men in my family are at eachother's throats tonight!

difficult child 1 is being bossy and yelling at difficult child 2.

difficult child 2 is consquently now explosive and using expletives.

husband is explosive over stupid stuff the difficult child's are doing.

The difficult child's are then explosive over husband's explosiveness.

I'm just sitting back and laughing at their ridiculous behavior -- of course it helps that I had a nap today. Otherwise I could very easily be in the middle of the fray.

I don't know exactly what's up with husband, but he gets on these tears where he has something he HAS to get done NOW, and being ADHD and not always thinking ahead he doesn't get all his materials together like he should, then gets half-way through and starts swearing because he doesn't have everything he needs. And then the thing he's trying to do doesn't work out because he's ill-prepared.

Right now he's trying to make apple fritters and he's swearing because 1) He didn't have any milk and he already had the oil heating and half the mixture ready, so then he had to go to the store to get milk. 2) For whatever reason the fritters weren't holding together in the oil (I have my theories, but I'm being smart and not opening my mouth) 3) difficult child's are under foot and doing annoying things like dumping an entire sifter of powdered sugar on one tiny fritter, and they explode when they get yelled at for it...

I feel kinda bad for these guys -- they are just falling apart tonight. At least I'm over my old habit of jumping in to save everyone and fix things. It's so much easier to sit back and let them deal with it, and then maybe calmly offer some suggestions (if they'll listen).

Gonna be an interesting weekend...

maril

I feel kinda bad for these guys -- they are just falling apart tonight. At least I'm over my old habit of jumping in to save everyone and fix things. It's so much easier to sit back and let them deal with it, and then maybe calmly offer some suggestions (if they'll listen).

Gonna be an interesting weekend...

Smart lady, you are. ;)

I have two guys with short fuses. Lately, I try to bite my tongue and let them work things out when they disagree; sometimes it's hard to do (they can get pretty nasty).

by the way, those fritters sound good. :D

susiestar

Roll With It
Sounds like staying out of it is the only real option.

Pop some popcorn and enjoy the show!?? (I know. Back to the corner. Star!! I have snacks!)

I hope they are not like this all weekend.