Help with links

Allan-Matlem

Hi,
I would appreciate help from the experts on typing a link using a word format instead of the .com , org etc
I did a search but it seems I am doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance

Allan

trinityroyal

Hello Allan-Matlem,

I've just tried a little experiment with links to see if it works. The first link is using a label I inserted, and the second one is just the URL. Both should go to the same web page. Below are the steps I followed.

1. Identify the link you want to include. Be sure to have the complete URL.
2. In your message window, look for the icon of a globe with a chain link on the bottom. Click the icon.
The URL will appear inside formatting tags. There will be a spot in the middle highlighted in blue. This is where you can add your label.
3. Type the label you want to use to identify the link. Be sure that it is inside the formatting tags.

When you are done, your link should look something like this:

"[ URL="http:// link to your web page .com" ]Your_Label_Here [ /URL ]"

Hope this helps,
Trinity

trinityroyal

Fixed it!

Further note...in my post I tried to include a sample of what your link coding should look like, but the site turned it into a link. Very interesting...I will try to edit for clarity.

Trinity​

witzend

It just didn't work for me no matter how I tried it. I even tried cutting and pasting your "this is how it should look" part and inserting my info and taking out the quotation marks. Oh, well...

trinityroyal

I even tried cutting and pasting your "this is how it should look" part and inserting my info and taking out the quotation marks. Oh, well...

Witz, I had to insert spaces between the square brackets and their contents in order to make the link code appear. Also, the quotation marks around the http:// your link .com need to be there. If you modify the code that way, it might work. Let me know if you're still having trouble.

Trinity

trinityroyal

Trinity , thanks it worked . I was wondering how to do it in an email or a word document.

Allan

Oh. It's a bit different in an e-mail or a Word document. For e-mail, it depends on which e-mail client you're using. I don't use any of the traditional e-mail programs, so I'm not sure, but there's usually a way to get the links in there.
For MS Word, you can go into the menu bar and change the settings to have URLs automatically appear as active links. If you let me know which version of Word, I can let you know how.

Trinity