Help with the Super Bowl

LittleDudesMom

I don't know about you, but the Super Bowl to me means food :morecrackers: and great commercials :rofl: and a little football! I am having some folks over and am going to need to provide nourishment without blowing the healthy eating habit. Here are some things I'm going to do and thought we could share some healthy but satisfying super bowl snacks.

Make you own tortilla chips-
5 medium flour (or wheat) 6" tortillas
Preheat oven to 400 and make sure rack is in the middle
Line a baking sheet with foil
Brush one side of the tortilla with egg white and sprikle with poppy seeds (I am going to do 1/4 with poppy seeds and half with garlic powder)
Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges and spread on baking sheet.
Bake until golden and crisp - about 8 minutes and cool on a rack

To go along with that I am serving two "dips"
Here's the first
Can of black beans and a can of corn
One chunked avacoda
Chopped fresh cilantro
Lime juice
Fresh ground pepper - gently mix together and you have something more interesting than salsa!

BLT Dip
cook 4 slices of turkey bacon, cool and crumble
In a bowl, stir together 3/4 C reduced fat sour cream
1/4 cup reduced fat mayo
3 T sweet onion chopped
1 t apple cider vinigar
1/4 t each of sea salt and fresh ground pepper
Stir until blended
Keep back 1 T of bacon and add the rest in with 3/4 c of diced fresh tomato and 1/2 c of arugula (i'm actually going to use red leafy instead)
Put in fridge for about an hour so the flavors meld together.
When you are ready to serve it, top with the remaining bacon, a little more chopped lettuce and tomoto for garnish.
If you get 8 servings, including the chips, this is 3 points each on WW.

I'm also going to lighten up my crab dip recipe. I bought the crab at costco yesterday. I haven't looked at the recipe in a while, so I will need to work on it.

I'm also serving (right off the WW recipes) Baked Potato Skins with Creamy Spinach and Turkey Bacon (hey, I'm cooking it for the dip, I might as well cook some more!)

3 medication pot, baked, sliced in half and cooled
cooking spray
20 oz of chopped frozen spinach thawed and drained well
4 oz of light cream cheese
1/4 t salt and pepper
3 slices of tureky bacon, cooked and crumbled

Preat oven to 400 and scopp out flesh of pot leaving about 1/4 inside
Place pot halves on baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Bake until lightly browned (about 15 min). While they cook, combine spinach, cream cheese, s&p until well blended.
Remove skins from oven adn spoon 2 T into each pot, bake until warmed through, about 5 min or more
Remove pot from oven and sprinkle each with 1 T of crumbled bacon
Only 2 WW points each!!!!! I'm having at least 2!!!!!!!!

For dessert I'm doing the angel food cake right out of the box and adding a jar of fresh cherries in their juice and baking that in the oven (don't add anything else). 3 points per serving. Another good "cake" recipe is get a box of spice cake, add 1 can of pumpkin and about 2 T of water and bake. Try one of these cakes - they are delish. I think someone mentioned the one where you take the choc cake mix and add a can of soda. That one's great too! Oh, bake these in your rectangular pan.

See, you can "pig out" in a healty style!!!!!

Sharon

OMG, those all sound delish! That first dip...YUM...I have got to try that.

I always watch the game with my dad. He's big on chips & dip, so I'm providing him with his very own bag of chips and some french onion dip (which I HATE) and for me, some toasted pita triangles with hummus (which he HATES).

At halftime, dad is gonna run to to Subway. Fine by me! I'll do a Jared!