Help with washing machine!!!

klmno

I've never had a front loading one before and I can't get the door to lock into place so it will turn on. I ran over to the house to do a quick load of laundry and check some things- like internet service. I hate to call the landlord over something like this. I can get the door closed and I remember the owner saying something about it but the lock light won't come on- meaning it won't start.

klmno

I gave up and came back to the hotel after I scrounged enough clean clothing to wear tomorrow. I emailed the landlord/lady. She said I had to pull the knob out when I set the dial where I want it. Well I know that but maybe she means you have to pull the knob out before closing the door. I hope it's as simple as that. I don't want to spend tomorrow evening looking for a laundromat.

klmno

I found the problem at lunch time- it was the only thing in the house not plugged in. Duh! So now my laundry is washing! Boss gave me afternoon off because they still don't have my computer ready. Also, I am getting some jest that he is rethinking who is going to have what responsibilities because they just hired someone else last week, too, but he won't start for another couple of weeks.

witzend

Make sure that the load selector knob is pushed in. You can't open or shut the door with it pulled out.