Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by sunny70, Mar 12, 2007.

1. sunny70

sunny70 New Member

I'm new to this, forgive me if I am not doing this correctly. I need support. I am having HUGE issues with the school.
  2. bby31288

bby31288 Active Member

Welcome to our little spot in the world. What is going on with school? Does you child have a diagnosis?
  3. sunny70

sunny70 New Member

He is 11 years old ADHD and ODD. He goes to a charter school and is at home right now for disrespecting teachers. Just found out about IEP's. Now I need to know how to navigate in here!
  4. kris

kris New Member

5. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Adding in my welcome. I'm glad you found us-you will find much support here. Hugs.
  6. Janna

Janna New Member

Adding in my welcome

7. totoro

totoro Mom? What's a GFG?

Welcome... looking forward to getting to know you and your difficult child... sorry you had to find us!!!
  8. Marguerite

Marguerite Active Member

I hope you're finding what you need. When you g et some time to catch your breath, stick around and fill us in. Collectively, we've been there. Read the book, saw the movie, bought the T-shirt.

9. neednewtechnique

neednewtechnique New Member

Welcome! I am still pretty new here myself, but the last week or so, I have learned so much helpful information. Glad you are here!!
  10. kassy

kassy New Member

glad you are here.... welcome
  11. Allan-Matlem

Allan-Matlem Active Member

12. SomewhereOutThere

SomewhereOutThere Well-Known Member

Welcome. Maybe you should post on Special Education 101. Something to think about: An ADHD/ODD is often the first diagnosis when it is really something else, therefore the stims don't work. You may want to get a second opinion. If your child hasn't seen a Psychiatrist (with the MD) or neuropsychologist, I highly recommend both. Therapists without MD's aren't the greatest diagnosticians, in my opinion. Look at your family tree. Any mood disorders or substance abuse on either side of it? Any neurological/autism in the family? Suicide attempts? Glad you found us.
  13. On_Call

On_Call New Member

Sorry you had to find us, but glad you did. You will find much support and information here.
  14. house of cards

house of cards New Member

Adding my welcome aboard, you have found a very supportive and informative place.