Help!! :(

S

Selkie

I find myself here in utter desperation, I can't take very much more of my 11 year olds behaviour, I have two boys one of which has had medical difficulties and social from birth but though he's a handful I find it's my other child that is the one I can't cope with, he is spiteful and never ever backs down, he's the most stubborn child on this planet and does not care that he's had everything took off him, it's all about winning, smirking and being top dog, I have much I need to say to get my issue across but i will have a read around a bit first and find my feet, so anyways hello :redface: I don't feel like smiling today at this moment in time I have banished my child to the garden to try and save my doors and my sanity :sad-very:

Marguerite

Welcome to the site. I've been offline for a couple of days and I missed your post.

Enjoy your reading around the site and get back to us with questions. Meanwhile I have a few - can you give us examples of what you describe as the problems in your boys? Sometimes when we just label ("spiteful" or "difficult") it actually doesn't say enough to give us much of a clue.

Anyway, welcome. There is help here.

Marg

B

Bunny

Hi! Welcome to the board. I know exactly how you feel. I have an 11 year old boy myself, who thinks that he has to be the one to call all the shots, make every rule, and decide every decision that needs to be made. It's exhausting! Have you had him evaluated by a neuropsychologist? Have you asked the pediatriction for a recommendation to a therapist? Does he behave in school? There are answers out there, but sometimes it takes a while to find them.

Pam