Herbert likes RED nails...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
because she thinks they're strawberries -- and apparently chickens love strawberries... moldy ones anyway... and cantaloupe, and clover, and calendula, and calla lily leaves, and pomegranate leaves, and nectarine leaves, and peach leaves and plum leaves, and red leaf lettuce, and raw corn, of course. Oh yeah, and red worms.

The stupid bird kept pecking at my "persimmon" fingernails (got a free manicure at a charity event on Sunday) -- she's NEVER pecked at anyone in the week that we've had her. All I can figure is she likes the color since she had a moldy strawberry for the first time today.

Cluck, cluck.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Watch your jewelry, too. Sometimes they get a taste for shiney things. Turkeys more so, but explain THAT one to husband as to why you have no diamond in a weddng band...

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well at least Herbert isn't a pervert - or did you NOT get your toenails painted as well?

A chicken with a penchant for toes........there's a joke in there I'm sure ...but aren't you the gal that killed a rattlesnake single handedly?

Nice color. :full:

mstang67chic

Going Green
Awwww...........you'll have to post new pics once Herbert is settled.

by the way......I told my mom about Herbert and asked about chicken care. Feed wise, she gave hers scraps and chicken feed. Gravel was good too but hers usually found some in the dirt. She said one time she gave them left over sauce-less speghetti. They went NUTS!!! I don't know if they thought it was some mongo worm or what but they kept pushing each other out of the way to get to it when she was holding it over the side of their pen.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Awww...Herbert is just showing he loves you. ;)

Yes, shiny and swinging jewelry is a huge interest for them. Be careful.

Abbey

DammitJanet

Chickens love anything!

Jamie absolutely amazed his fellow officers when they got called out for a "chicken on the loose" call. Here were all these city cops running all over the place with nets trying to catch this poor rooster loose in some neighborhood. Jamie stands there a minute...assesses the situation...and tells them to stop scaring the thing to death. He bends down, picks up a handful of dirt and scatters it in front of his feet. The bird comes running over to it and Jamie reaches down and picks it up. The other guys stood their with their mouths hanging open. You would have thought he performed magic...lmao.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Rooster wrangle.......

2 snorts!! OMG I'm crying.

I used to work on a farm in the summer and we had a stick for that! (catching roosters)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Janet -

YOU KNOW I LOVE YOUR LITTLE ROOSTER WRANGLIN' MARINE!!!!!!!!

Our neighbor has a peacock - and the dang thing make these noises that makes you 'think' you should call DSS or CPS - it sounds like someone is hurting a child.

So one night I tell DF to come out - and LISTEN to this kid - every night almost the same time - being beaten until he screams NO MORE NO MORE NO MORE -

And so DF very concerned comes out, listens and then says "IT's a peacock."

I'd been listening for 3 nights thinking it was a child in distress only to find out it was a horney peacock.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'd been listening for 3 nights thinking it was a child in distress only to find out it was a horney peacock.
:rofl::rofl:

I had a similar situation when we moved into this house. The people across the street must have a pool/hot tub with an automated cleaner. The first month I was here I kept thinking someone was being strangled. In fact, the first time I heard it I almost called 911.

I finally tried to scale the 6 foot stone wall to peek in. (I'm surprised I didn't get the cops called on me!!) That darn thing goes about every 5 minutes 24/7.

Abbey