Herbert needs a costumer...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Petsmart has an online Halloween costume contest for pets. We thought it would be fun to dress Herbert up for the occasion. :D

I thought maybe she could have red horns and a cape... we could tell people she lays devilled eggs...

Or bunny ears... for the Easter chicken... complete with a basket of colored eggs...

Or maybe a biker chick?
Hippie chick?
Punk chicken?

Ballerina Odette from Swan Lake?

The Aflack Duck?

A Foster Farms chicken?

Strap a Russian Cossack hat on her and we've got Chicken Kiev...

easy child/difficult child 3 is going to make the costume somehow... we've got 3 days to get our photo in. I'll be sure to share when it's final!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Or how about a tuxedo and she can go as a penguin?

difficult child 2 has a great idea this morning... put her in a pirate costume and she can be Jack SPARROW.

Or maybe dress as a ROBIN -- Batman's sidekick?

Or striped prison garb and she can be the BIRD man of Alcatraz?

Or...

Last edited:

Lothlorien

Circle of red felt, then a smaller circle of white.....Chicken Parmesean.

Shredded green paper.....Chicken Salad.

Sorry....I'll go to my corner.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
:rofl: I WON'T show that to easy child, Loth -- she already has banned the entire family from eating chicken in her presence!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Well I found out what Miss. Sherbert has been doing for some side mash... that little strumpet!
She looks pretty good though. Or is this her secret love??? HMMMM
http://www.chickenssuit.com/english...ery_group/4/gallery_show/56/cHash/4460d7027f/

"The idea for suiting a chicken came in a dream. A dream of a chicken that was covered with hair instead of feathers. Well, you can't take a chicken's feathers off and then glue hair on it " can you? This is how the chickenssuit came about.

The inventors of the chickenssuit, this ingenious 'piece of freedom', truly believe that there is a real need for this world to suit its chickens. We talk from experience. Chickenssuit has made our lives richer."

gcvmom

Here we go again!
O.M.G. ! Toto, that is too finger-lickin'-funny! :rofl: The one suit looks like a GOAT (shhh, better not let Star hear about this!)

Beth, I LOVE Rumaki! Mmmmm.... My mom used to make this tasty dish with chicken breast filets... pound them until they're really thin, spread a layer of whipped cream cheese, roll up and then wrap in partially-cooked bacon, secure with a toothpick, then broil until done. Not the lightest fare, but certainly veeeerrrrry tasty (I don't dare tell easy child)!

Well, easy child made a witch's hat and tried to secure it on Herbert's head, but she kept shaking it off. We'll have to hit the craft store tomorrow after her soccer game to see what else we can come up with :D

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Ummmm how about wrapping her in toilet paper. Then you have chicken s**t. Sorry. Not trying to be offensive. I 'll shimmy back into my corner.

beth

Abbey

Spork Queen
Once again, someone PLEASE pick me up off the floor because I'm laughing so hard.

First of all, you cannot dress that baby up as food!!! Someone will take advantage of that.

I like the devil one, and if you don't post pictures...well, it seems that all of the corners are filled right now.

Abbey

donna723

Do they make Halloween costumes for chickens?

Years ago there was a cartoon called "Super Chicken" ... seems like it might have been a segment of the 'Rocky and Bullwinkle' shows. Would she wear a cape? They probably don't make tights that would fit chickens though. Never mind!

donna723

Or you could just get some little sticky address labels and put them on her different body parts like price tags ... "THIGHS $1.98/LB", "BREAST $2.50 LB.", "WINGS ...

Lothlorien

Or you could just get some little sticky address labels and put them on her different body parts like price tags ... "THIGHS $1.98/LB", "BREAST $2.50 LB.", "WINGS ...

That is just so stinking funny!

DammitJanet

OMG>...I know I know!

I have the perfect costume. I have been sitting here reading this all day and it suddenly came to me. Do you have an empty video game box you could attach to her back with elastic?

She could go as a .......gamecock!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Janet... Snarf!

For all you badminton fans: How 'bout I strap a Hot Wheels bus to her back and she can be a .... shuttlecock!

DammitJanet

Actually....we could go online and find you the material from the University of South Carolina...you could make a cape, get those food pens to draw a Superman S on her breast area...and call her a Gamecock. She already has that comb.