Hercules hangars

klmno

Has anyone tried these? (They are the hooks that you poke in the wall and are supposed to hold up to 150 lbs.) I have an antique mirror (large, in a nice wood frame) that I need to hang. It would need to nails or two supports of some sort. I'm afraid to try these if no one can vouch for them.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
I'm still a firm believer in finding studs (the wall construction kind) and nailing into them.......The hook may hold 150 pounds, but I wouldn't bet my antique mirror on the wallboard holding up.......

meowbunny

The problem with using studs is that many of the studs today are metal, not wood, so finding the stud is useless. That's why new type hangers were developed. I haven't tried them personally but a friend did and swears by them now. I think I'd try one on something not quite as heavy and see how it does and then try it on your mirror.

klmno

Thanks- you both have good points! The wall is wood stud, but I can't replace the mirror should something happen to it. Thanks!!

everywoman

I use them. I have not used for anything extremely heavy, but I have used to have heavy frames, prints, etc. They work well, are easy to use. I found mine in Walmart in the hardware section.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I can give them the industry test. Seriously.

My two little devil parrots have successfully unscrewed a huge jungle gym in their room. It came crashing down this afternoon. They both look at me like...I didn't do it!! My best guess is that Hercules would lose the fight with these boys, not for weight, but for smarts.

Abbey