Here's a little game!

tiredmommy

I always picture what I think our members look like... and I was amazed at how far off I was when I met a large group of members last summer in Cleveland. As an example... I pictured our Janet with a completely different hair color.

So here's a little game... choose another member that you are friendly with but have never met or seen a photo. Describe how you think that member looks (keep it clean and kind, please!) or a celebrity that she/he looks like. This should be a HOOT!

I'll start... mattsmom strikes me as very petite with delicate features because she has such quiet and calm way about her... I always picture Natalie Wood as a young adult when I read her posts.

Star*, on the other hand, has such a huge personality that I picture someone quite tall... maybe Kristen Johnston or Jenna Elfman?

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I always expect folks to look the way their Avatars indicate...

TM--

I would expect you to be a "casual" and warm cat person. Someone who wears cozy sweats around the house and spends time curled up on the sofa with a kitty and a good book.

tiredmommy

You nailed me! Though I seldom leave the house in the sweats (but I have been known to wear pj's to the bus stop). But, if that's the case, DAISYFace, you should really do something about the yellowing of your face and your white hair looks kind of mane-like. At least your smiling, lol!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I always picture what I think our members look like...

Star*, on the other hand, has such a huge personality that I picture someone quite tall... maybe Kristen Johnston or Jenna Elfman?

Ever since Star talked about being a boxer, I picture her as Hilary Swank from Million Dollar Baby. Am I close???

horserider

...and I was amazed at how far off I was when I met a large group of members last summer in Cleveland.
Hi TM
I didn't realize members got together last summer, must have been after I joined the group. I think it would be wonderful to get together and meet some of you. Is anyone planning a meeting place this year?
-horserider
ps if you picture me in a cowgirl hat and boots, I've always been an english rider - you don't want to picture me in my breeches at my age LOL

DammitJanet

We shall have to ask Tony what Star looks like! He may be the only person on the board who has actually laid eyes on her...lol.

KTMom91

I don't think of Star as overly tall...average height, average build...so when she busts out with attitude, it's unexpected. Stealth mode...besides, dangerous things can come in smaller packages.

klmno, I imagine, is about 5'7" or so, brown hair, brown eyes, and has a precise quality to her from her years in govt work. She's someone you can rely on to not only get the job done, she'll get it done correctly.

Last edited:

donna723

"I always expect folks to look the way their Avatars indicate..."

That must say a lot about me because my avatar is a picture of a smiling DOG! Actually, that's my Ms. Katy and she's much better looking than I am ... and younger too!

;)

trinityroyal

This is kinda hard, as I've seen pics of many of you.

Let's see...

I picture Star as tall and statuesque, with long curly brown hair and a killer smile.
Susiestar is petite, with delicate pretty features and sandy brown hair, and deceptively fierce. Everything will be fine as long as you don't mess with her.

And I, of course, am the spitting image of Betty Cooper from Archie Comics. My avatar looks just like me (NOT!).

busywend

Trinity! LOL! You are so funny!

I have the perfect excuse for a get together this year! BACHLORETTE PARTY ANYONE??!! A great excuse to get wild and crazy!

trinityroyal

Wendy, that's PERFECT! What a great idea.

I know there was another thread recently, talking about another board get-together. I think we should start thinking about and talking about it in seriousness.
And busting loose before your wedding would be such a wonderful reason.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
For some reason, Trinity, I picture you as very tiny, maybe 5 feet tall max. Very petite. Olive skin at the palest, but I imagine a bit darker than that. Medium hair, brunette, in a ponytail...

How'd I do?

trinityroyal

Wow Step! You're very very close. I'm just a shade taller than you imagined (5 ft 2 or so), but the other details are spot on, including the pony tail on most days.

DammitJanet

I know Trinity...its harder since we have seen pics...lol. We did this years ago before we had done any get togethers. Or few had.

Ok...for those who I havent seen. And Tony hasnt told me what Star looks like except she is one good looking woman...lol. I think she is about 5'9, 160, brownish hair with some streaks of gray from raising Dude. I would say its cut to shoulder length wavy.

DaisyFace. I see her as about 5'6 with medium blond hair. Average build. Hair is long enough to pull back in a ponytail.

KLMNO is about 5'4 with dark almost black hair with silver streaks in it. I see her as a very sturdy build. Probably wears jeans and tee's or jeans and sweatshirts around the house most times. Hair is cut very short. Likes tennis shoes.

LDM is a more voluptuous woman. She has beautiful dark brown hair cut to her collar. She keeps her nails done regularly. She is comfortable in caftans, business attire and leisure wear.

Wiped Out is about 5'5 and has dark brown hair. She is average build which she keeps in check with weight watchers and weekly health club visits! She is most comfortable in either jeans and comfortable shirts or khakis and button up shirts or nice pullovers for school.

How did I do for the ones I picked?

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
DaisyFace. I see her as about 5'6 with medium blond hair. Average build. Hair is long enough to pull back in a ponytail.

How did I do for the ones I picked?

LOL! Close...

I'm tall and thin--but yes, my hair is blonde and I wear it to my shoulders.

I guess that means I DO somewhat resemble my avatar. Daisies are tall, lanky flowers with a big head. (And on the days my hair won't behave, I'm probably more of a "daisyface" than usual....O well, better than a butter face!!! LOL!)
And daisies are "casual" flowers--they don't need a fancy occassion or special amenties to show themselves. If it's sunny and warm--there they are. I guess that's me too.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
OMG! Believe it or not, I have not seen pictures of you, Trinity - I guessed at all that!!!

'S okay - when we had the gathering last summer, Stang came in looking for a blonde. I'd dyed my hair red the night before... LOL!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
And Janet--

If you're going to use a screen name like "Dammit Janet"--you are obviously a Susan Sarandon look-a-like....regardless of the Rocky Horror Avatar!