He's 25 - She's 84! It's not what you think

Star*

call 911........call 911
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKRZv6NGjdc"]YouTube - The hardest part - Coldplay[/ame]

WARNING: This act is done in a Speedo and a skin suit - so if a man wearing a bathing suit is offensive do not click on the link to watch. Or if you're adverse to watching elderly people. Or if you don't like the band Cold Play, Or if you don't like watching acrobats, or blue skies, or tall men, or short small women.

I think that about covers it for warnings.

klmno

That is AMAZING! That lady will probably live a very long life and die happy and content with herself!! I wonder if she was an oplympic gymnist or something in her younger years.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I now have a new heroess and her name is Barbara.

Jeeze - I should be so lucky at 58 to (1) be that thin and look that good in a body suit and (2) get my legs to even move a forth of a inch that hers can. Someone flip me up like that they are looking at major hernia surgery....

Marcie

Abbey

Spork Queen
I tell you what. If I'm doing that at 84, it's been a GOOD life. It almost made you nervous watching it. Wow.

Abbey

donna723

From the clothes and hairstyles, it looks like this was made back in the 80's, which would make Barbara now about .... ? I'll bet she's still doin' this! That's amazing, but it worried me to watch it. There were a few times there when I expected to see her go flying right off into the canal!

N

Nomad

Wow! Thank you for sending this!
She looks great! I've passed this on. It is tres interesting. :crazy1:

p.s.
I have watched this three times now!
I'm really AMAZED!

Sara PA

FWIW, according to the logo, the show is called Attitudes and the one host is Linda Dano. She hosted for six years from '87 to '92. The episode with Spencer and Barbara aired in 1990.

What amazes me is that a woman that old and that thin had bones strong enough to do that stuff. Considering some women her age break their hips just standing up.....

Marguerite

On the 'brief' subject of Speedos (sorry - bad pun) I just thought I'd share a bit of Aussie lingo with you.

First, some background -
We have a lot of members of the parrot family in Australia as well as very strict laws on their exportation. it's highly likely that most Aussie birds you see in private collections were originally sourced through smuggling - people would anaesthetise the creatures and stuff them into the most appallingly tiny spaces. Birds and lizards can be found stuffed into socks, for example. I've seen a system where a bloke modified a coat so he could hang drugged parrots in little bags inside his coat. Most die in transit but the the that make it get sold for megabucks to collectors who don't seem to notice the traffic in sometimes endangered species.

We have a pet small parrot called a budgerigar, it's about the size of a canary. They mostly live to the north, places like Kakadu. A budgerigar is commonly called "budgie" for short (I can hear ours chirping in the bathroom as I type this - she has free run of the house during the day and prefers our bathroom because it's sunny).

So, picture this - Attractive sun-bronzed young Aussie male, wearing tight Speedos - is it any wonder we call them "budgie smugglers"?

Marg