"He's a Nice Guy"

susiestar

Roll With It
I was talking to the daughter of a new neighbor. She said she is in our high school. I mentioned difficult child, and that he lived with family here in town.

She told me "He's a nice guy"!!! I haven't mentioned him to neighbors, or anyone else in a long time.

I was just TICKLED!!! The most I ever hear from other kids is that they know who he is as they refuse to look at me. Or talk again.

It was just something I haven't heard in a long time, but of course he has grown so much this last year.

Thanks for letting me share.

Susie

G

galadriel

We had difficult child's teacher put up a note on his 5-week report interim report card, most of it was complaining about his lack of preparation for class, (this was before the ADD diagnosis) etc. but he added "great sense of humor" which is my kid's strong suit . It meant so much that this teacher had mentioned something positive too!

susiestar

Roll With It
yeah, it is nice. Esp when it is another KID saying it to a parent. Kids can be so very mean. And many have been to him. But he has his "place" now in the social structure.

It makes me teary eyed to think how he has grown and matured.

Thanks,

Susie

Wiped Out

Staff member
Wow-that is terrific! It's feels so good to hear people say something nice about our difficult children!