He's at camp!

TerryJ2

He was a big grump about it--he does not like change--but it's done.
He's staying at a college dorm, and the camp is a combination of indoor and outdoor activities, and educational activities. He got to choose two courses. One was forensics, which he loved last yr, and I can't remember what the other one is.
He's got the same roommate he had last yr--a kid who is his polar opposite.
difficult child was NOT pleased. This kid is skinny, nerdy, and very, very hyper, probably ADHD, and last yr talked all night long, to the pt where difficult child had to tell him to shut up. He was so wiggly and hyper, he fell out of the top bunk! :tongue: difficult child didn't even help him back into bed ... made the poor kid sleep on the floor all night. :surprise:
(difficult child actually tells pretty funny stories and that one was a hoot.)
The kid is as talkative, intellectual, and helpful as difficult child is parsing words, athletic and moody.
I can't wait for the stories I'll get Fri. afternoon when I p/u difficult child.
In the meantime, I have 4 whole days to myself! Yaaaaay!!!!

Andy

I hope he has a GREAT time at camp. I hope the other kid has calmed down since last year.

Enjoy your work.

klmno

That is great! This sounds like it will be one of those things he gripes about, but later is proud of and brags about!

Enjoy your time!!

TerryJ2

Me too.

I just read the Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) thread and now I'm all paranoid about sending him to the ADHD camp in NC for a whole month ... But they are professionals and it's too late now.