He's home AGAIN!

TerryJ2

He ate 3 volcano tacos last night. Trying to be Mr. Tough Guy.
Today he's paying the price.
I am SO disappointed!
I'm supposed to be painting at a client's, but still had to do carpool and run back here to check on difficult child.
Sorry, just had to vent.

Josie

Is this a volcano taco from Taco Bell? If so, are you aware that Taco Bell uses oats in their seasoning? There is probably nothing there, except the drinks, that is really gluten free.

He probably really does have a stomach ache if that is what it is. My daughter didn't get stomach aches before going on her diet from gluten but if she has it now, she does.

If he made the choice to eat the tacos knowing there was gluten, that is one thing. But if he unknowingly ate them, he is probably legitimately "sick", although not contagious.

I never had stomach problems from gluten, either, but the first summer I went girlfriend, I had more stomach problems than ever. I think it was from being girlfriend and then getting some gluten. I was trying to eat out more then and it just wasn't working.

B

bran155

Oh, I am so sorry Terry. I am sure you would rather be painting! :)

Hang in there. Tomorrow will be a better day!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm not even going to TRY a volcano taco - WOW - he ate THREE?

If he hiccups will he blow flames?

Hang tough T.....

gcvmom

Here we go again!
difficult child 2 LOVES the volcano tacos -- he's my little fire-breathing dragon :p But I cannot handle that really spicy stuff. I think it has something to do with his sensory issues. It's like he doesn't register stuff the same way most people do. The more oomph a food has, in both flavor and texture, the more he likes it. He cannot stand anything soft or mushy or bland.

Are you letting him have access to the PS2? or are the controllers still locked up?

TerryJ2

Yep, he had flames coming out of his nose.

I didn't know that they used gluten in their seasonings! I assumed it was mixed in with-the corn tacos ... Sigh.

I can't totally blame him. I was driving and paying so I could have gone elsewhere. :(

The PS2 controllers, mouse, computer monitor, and PS2 game box are all locked up. Overkill, I know, but I was ticked and it made me feel good to walk away with-them. :)

The tutor didn't show up today. I can't get a hold of him.

I threw a football around with-difficult child a bit, while we waited.

Then he wanted the controller and I told him no school, no controller. He offered to have me tutor him, but he had just told me he didn't have any homework so I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

I'm depressed that L didn't show up and worried about him because I can't get a hold of him. I should probably be a good mom, but I just feel so drained and want to take a nap.

I did paint today --left difficult child home alone for 3 hrs--and I really wanted to finish the whole thing but oh well, I should be thankful that I was in my element for a short time.
My client is being really nice about it.

Steely

You could not pay me a million dollars to go back and be a working parent of a little difficult child...........I know your pain.:mad:

Day care, car pool, migraines, the flu - the constant juggling act all falls on your shoulders.
Then throw in the zillion difficult child issues and their ramifications..........
Trying to go to work and not be interrupted by teacher calls, trying to leave for an out of town conference and not be hi-jacked by difficult child ending up in phosph, trying not to explain what exactly was wrong with my kid that I needed this time off, trying not to worry every minute of every day........(OK, well that I still do.) The list is endless.

At this point, you could not pay me a million dollars to go back and even be a parent.:faint:
Hugs girl, so sorry.

TerryJ2

Thanks, Steely.
Actually, I have a hard time with-husband, who is a workaholic, and is always on my case to make $. He doesn't have a clue. :(