He's on his way......

JKF

I'm not a grandmom yet, but I wouldn't care in what condition my grandchildren came to me - I'd see them with my heart. And smells and looks are not the first thing I'd notice. :) Keep us updated. And good thoughts from far away. My husband was raised in Idaho. It's a great state.

Dancerat - you're 100% right. My father is honestly thrilled he's there and has not said one negative word. They are having a wonderful 1st day together and difficult child loves the one on one my father can provide him. And please understand - when I talk about difficult child's looks right now it's not out of meanness or shallowness or judgement. I look at it more as my failure as a mother so I take it very personally when anyone criticizes him.

JKF

OMG - I just have to say I slept like a brick last night. My easy child had to knock on my bedroom door at 6:20 to wake me bc the alarm was going off and I didn't hear it. That NEVER happens! Wow! Knowing that difficult child is safe with my dad is definitely bringing me some peace. The two of them seem like they're peas in a pod and they're having a great time together so far. My dad has a dog and difficult child loves animals so he's really happy about that. I know it's only been one day but I have a feeling that this just might work out!

Dancerat

Oh trust me, I'm a mother who values personal cleanliness and hygiene. It distresses me when my son looks like Abraham Lincoln and says he's looking for a job, but people have to live and learn on their own. I've always bought that Axe stuff for my son and he's used it. I'm hip. I'm with it.