HEY! Happy Valentines Day!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I wanted to wish all of the people that I love and care about a calm relaxing Valentines.

Me? I am going out with husband to a 5 Star* restaurant, both of us getting couples massages, going to a resort hotel overnight... whoopee ALL NIGHT...

Oh what? So not true?

Huh?

OK I am sitting home with a sick kid, N is feverish and got the poops.:sick:
I AM in fact typing with gloves on!

husband and I did have a nice Friday though, we got to go for a couple mile hike up into the mountains and actually reached a running creek to a waterfall.

Now I am cleaning and trying to keep the girls separated.
Of course the In-Laws see nothing wrong with stopping by and then bringing the germs back home to Grandpa...
Hmmm

We will cozy up and watch movies with the girls and try to keep N comfy!:D

Hope all of you have a nice night.
HUGS AND BIG FAT KISSES!
:valentine:

totoro

You know husband and I were just talking, we have been together 10 years and we have gone out 1 Valentines... Either had to work or had those kids.

He says it is amateur hour anyway and we are SO above that! We use this excuse for every Holiday. New Years, Halloween etc. We have never gone out on New Years either or our Anniversary I don't think. It makes us feel better...
Those KIDS!!!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Happy Valentine's Day Totoro!

I made a strawberry double layer cake with vanilla frosting. I stenciled hearts onto the top - it is delish. I also made difficult child her favorite shrimp dish along with some scampi for me (I skipped my usual meat free meal!) and rice. Everything was yummy. I also made chocolate covered strawberries.

Since H and I are on the 'outs' right now, we're both laying low this evening. I'm finishing a crocheting project and he's reading a book.

Love to all~

Andy

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY
We (difficult child, husband and I) spent the morning finding and flattening boxes. Those that are recycleble in our area were taken to the recycling center (a van full!).

We then were going to go out to eat but the two sit down resturaunts were way too busy so we headed for Burger King. difficult child had a major attitude problem. It was freezing cold out. He had headed into BK without realizing that we were looking at coupons first. difficult child retuned to the van and opened my door. I told him to close the door and get in the back seat. He refused to close the van door and either wait for us inside or get in the van. So, I asked, "Do you want to go home?" "I don't care". Well, with that attitude we decided we better go home but needed to stop at the grocery store for just a very few items. difficult child is screaming and yelling the entire way, "I was getting in!" "Turn around NOW! We are going to eat at BK" "Mom, Dad wants to go out and you are ruining it!" "Why do you let non-easy child diva act like this and still take her out?" My, he was pulling out all the stops! And this was within 5 minutes to the grocery store. He even decided to start up again once we left the grocery store. :mad:

We made the quick stop at the grocery store. I left difficult child and husband at the self serve check out while I went for the van. Once home, husband realized that he left the large package of TP (reason we had to go before returning home) and the receipt at the check out counter. I called and store workers had found it. I told them I would come in later to get it.

difficult child is on neighbor's dog duty today so after lunch let their dogs out. We (all three of us) then went bowling (difficult child earned by helping this morning). husband told difficult child he shouldn't get to go bowling with that attitude and difficult child said, "I earned it. It can not be taken away." difficult child got 161 on his first game! Wow - he has about 102 average. After that he was lucky if he broke 100.

Came home, let the neighbor dogs out again. I then went to Applebees Carside to Go for supper.

Non-easy child diva has made it safely to the destination of her 6 hour solo drive. We are very sure a traffic ticket should have been involved! But atleast she is safe.

I got a new computer and roses for Valentine's Day. husband and I very seldom go out alone unless it is during the school day when kids are otherwise occupied with school. We don't like crowded resturaunts - the stress of waiting and all the noise and movements around do not make for a relaxing meal.

I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day!

totoro

Jo- That sounds SO good... I might treat myself to some ice cream with coffee and walnuts late. My favorite.
Three Shadows- Muy Gracias, y tu.

Andy! I can't believe you went bowling and still made it to Applebees, even curbside!
I would have been tired just going though the BK ordeal. I am glad the night is ending well.
husband sounds like he did good!
K had a huge one as well. Poor thing is so unstable, I can't begin to get mad. I am just sad.
I can't think too much, you know how if you do it makes you cry?
But the girls still enjoyed their books and treats.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Well, I spent 3 hours doing an online bartending licensing test, but at least got 100%. Then went to work. It was so enduring I could barely stand it.

Abbey

totoro

Line em' up Barkeep!
Keep em' coming!
Well maybe don't keep em' coming, I would be in the corner making a mess, right quick.
Congrats on the 100%. I imagine you would be a kick sss bartender! Or mixologist!
Good listener, great story teller and mix master extraordinaire. That would be music and the drinks.
:wine:

Last edited:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Toto...I can't get over your avatar. Where in the heck did you find that??

No bartending on my end. Just...hey, can I try a shot of Fleishmann's Vodka? My gosh, I would have made a ton a money investing in that company. Please, everyone knows what cheap vodka tastes like. It's 8:02am. Give me a break. I haven't even logged in my till. You'll get your Vodka, ok? Just don't start joansing (sp?) on me. I'll have to call security that will take a good 30 minutes to come, or pretend to come, but I have a pretty nasty face right now. I might have to whip out my spork.

Abbey

klmno

Hi! Totoro's new avatar tends to stick out in my mind, too! LOL!!

I'm getting ready to eat a bowl of chili that I made earlier but didn't eat yet. Is that exciting? Actually, I'm bored. I'm too tired to do anything I need to be doing, although I did get some things accomplished earlier today. Now I just want to eat, watch a little tv, and curl up in bed with the furbabies.

totoro

Can you really taste anything at 8:02?
MMM, Fleishmanns. High class maybe Gilbey's or Skol. Yummy! I'm getting a headache just thinking about it.

klmno

If you're asking me- about tasting anything- it's actually 10:00 here. Yep- I can taste it. It's not healthy (note: how often am I on the healthy living board?) but, I just love to eat then pile up until I go to sleep. (note: am not married either.)

totoro

KLMNO-
No I knew it was 10pm over in yer neck of the woods! We were posting at the same time!
I love chili! I just finished up a HUGE bowl of ice cream so I know all about healthy eating.
Yeah, bored it the word tonight. I am going to go climb into bed and watch SNL.

N thought she was going to throw up and husband thinks his Gout or whatever is going on is coming back big time. Maybe this time though he can get in to the Rheumy with it in full flare!

Night Night- Oh, by the way KLMNO I'd eat junk food with you.

everywoman

husband and I went to difficult child's restaurant and the crush was our waitress. (by the way, she loved the flowers and the teddy bear)/ Foster daughter, her dad, her two daughters and her brother and and his pregnant wife joined us. They had live entertainment and everyone danced and had a good time. difficult child and pcdaughter and my niece and easy child's date met up with us. It was a hoot. I drank way too many martinis that I know I will feel tomorrow. Luckily Monday is a school holiday.

M

ML

I hope N is feeling better and you got some rest!

We just snuggled on the couch watching movies while manster was at dad's. I must be getting old because that is my favorite thing to do anymore. I don't even have a desire to go out. I need to work on that :)

Love you,

ML

Last edited:

TerryJ2

Yeah, Toto, I'm been meaning to tell you that avatar is hysterical!

Andy, wow, I'm exhausted reading your note. I guess I was lucky to stay home with-a cold and eat crunchy chicken noodle soup.

Abbey, awesome. Congrats! Whip me up something. :)