Hey- it's a done deal now...

artana

klmno,
Sending lots of good thoughts to you that everything works out well. I can't imagine how hard this whole journey has been. I hope he gets into psychiatric hospital today and things go well for you.

klmno

Thank you, All!! I'll be leaving soon to drop off medications and attend hearing. Somehow, I worry about the best answer only being a few days in psychiatric hospital, then out to back where we were. Except difficult child will have another charge to contend with at some upcoming court date to determine sentence and see if he'll have suspension to be turned over to state enforced. And, I figure PO's way of dealing with it will be to order me to not have any cigs around the house.

JJJ

Klmno,

The worst thing that could happen is for him to come home and actually hurt you.

He is better off in jail at this point. The psychiatric hospital isn't going to do anything other than keep him safe -- Department of Juvenile Justice is doing that now. I would let the courts do their thing.

I'm sorry it has come to this.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
I think he needs to be in a psychiatric hospital no matter what.

I'm going to PM you my numbers again. I'm worried about you .. please get some rest. If you want to meet for a drink tonight just to NOT think about stuff for a couple of hours.. let me know.

susiestar

Roll With It
I missed this, not sure how. I am sorry he held a knife at you again.

what ever happens please refuse to bring him home, no matter what they charge you with. This behavior is just going to escalate and end up with you dead or at best in the hospital. And that will NEVER help him.

I hope whatever is best happens, but that as his VICTIM you get some say and can refuse to have him come home. He has already hurt you, would a restraining order help get him more supports?

Gentle hugs and tons of support,

Susie

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I hope whatever is best happens, but that as his VICTIM you get some say and can refuse to have him come home. He has already hurt you, would a restraining order help get him more supports?

Susie

This sounds like an excellent idea! Relative or not, you would be entitled to a restraining order for your own protection. Then, logically, there is no way that the court could order difficult child sent home with you.

(Of course, in the Bizarro Court System that you have been dealing with--you never know)

Best of luck today...

--DaisyF

JJJ

Sadly ladies, you cannot get a restraining order against your minor child. We tried when Kanga was violent and were told that we couldn't get a restraining order against her until she turned 18. My web research confirmed it.

DDD

This may be a blessing in disguise (even though I know that sounds insensitive and bizarre). The Department of Juvenile Justice personnel can no longer think you are exaggerating. I am so VERY glad that you were allowed to take him his medications and talk with him.......no medications can go from home to anyone in detention where we live so even seizure medications often take three or four days to get dispensed thru "the system".

Now it seems like the facts should speak for themselves:
1. Your son is not well.
2. Your son is a threat to your safety.
3. Your son needs professional help in a residential setting.
4. You can not and will not allow him to return home at this time.
5. The court needs to ascertain how to provide him with help.

I continue to pray for you both. Hugs. DDD

Steely

I am gonna PM you..........

I am crying right along side you girl. Literally.
I feel like your difficult child is mine, and this has gotta stop. We will find a way.
I guess I am crying not just for you, but for difficult child too.
I know the pain both of you are are in. I know.
I want to help you make this stop - for both of you.

So many hugs and prayers - OMG. A zillion are being sent your way.

klmno

Thanks, Ladies! I have updated on other threads. Your support means the world to me- if it wasn't for this board, I hate to think where difficult child and I would be. I guess last night, even difficult child realized this was a good place to reach out to-

klmno

Loth, there is no place else in the world he could/would ask what should he do, he did something he shouldn't have, his mom was really mad, and he's sorry for it- at least, no place that would handle it seriously, appropriately and still calmly- without having to wait for another therapist appointment.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Thinking of you and hoping help comes for your difficult child...... It is sad that help is denied because they can't decide who PAYS....... unfortunately that comes down to you and your difficult child will not get treatment..... just makes my heart ache........