Hey Ktmom

mstang67chic

Going Green
I came home a bit ago from the store and neighbor across the street (who have the last remaining pup from Chesters illicit affair last year), had the pup outside for awhile enjoying the good weather. They didn't wind up keeping Chester's clone like I'd hoped but they were all cute. Anyhoo....I haven't seen her all winter so of course I had to go say hi to the grandpup! I just realized......she looks a LOT like Buddy in your avatar! I'll see if I can get over there and get a picture to post.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Presenting the belly is a submissive gesture in dogs. The "tooth thing" is a submissive grin. Dogs do smile when happy. This dog is very comfortable in her surroundings and is REALLY enjoying her tummy rub, LoL

My German Shepherd "smiles" when he's relaxed and happy, too. On occasion it frightens people not familiar with canine behavior...something about those 2" long fangs, LoL

mstang67chic

Going Green
Presenting the belly is a submissive gesture in dogs. The "tooth thing" is a submissive grin. Dogs do smile when happy. This dog is very comfortable in her surroundings and is REALLY enjoying her tummy rub, LoL

My German Shepherd "smiles" when he's relaxed and happy, too. On occasion it frightens people not familiar with canine behavior...something about those 2" long fangs, LoL

Well of course she's enjoying it! It's a Grandma bewy wub!!!!! LOL

Oh yeah....love those Shepherd smiles! LOL Taz (1/2 shepherd, 1/2 husky) had that too. Plus his bark was a bit intimidating if you didn't know that it was his come pet me bark! LOL And in all honesty, I myself only heard his "dangerous" bark a handful of times in almost 13 years. Neighbors wouldn't believe me when I said, "Trust me....you'll know it when you hear it". It made the hair on MY neck stand up.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
There's a BIG difference between an Alert Bark, an active threat bark, and a WARNING! DANGER!! bark.

Now, if I could just figure out what my cat is talking about half the time. He's marked like a Siamese, but doesn't sound like one. Like the Meezer he's got somewhere back in his woodpile; he has a comment on everything.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I kind of agree with that with cats. Jake is a sweetie, but he's a talker. I think he gets frustrated because I don't "get it" so much of the time, LoL

KTMom91

I'm just glad the panther boys aren't big talkers. Mine (of course, the spokeskitty) has a lot to say if he wants to come out of the habitat, but the other two aren't big noisemakers. Can you imagine all three yowling at once, and probably trying to outdo each other?

busywend

GN - do cats smile, too? I swear I can see a smile at times on my Scrappy. He has a meow that is specific to calling for me. It actually sounds like he is calling 'Mom!'. Well, more like 'Mawm'. But, he only does it when he is trying to find me in the house.

mstang67chic

Going Green
GN - do cats smile, too? I swear I can see a smile at times on my Scrappy. He has a meow that is specific to calling for me. It actually sounds like he is calling 'Mom!'. Well, more like 'Mawm'. But, he only does it when he is trying to find me in the house.

So do you holler "In here!" when he does it??? LOL

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Cats do not display their teeth in a smile like dogs and humans do. A cat showing his teeth is generally not a happy kitty. Some cats will purse their lips when happy and you may see the very tips of the upper canine teeth when they do that.

I've heard "mawm!" from not only my cats, but I have a DF who has a cat who says "Mawma" when looking for her. I thought she was nuts until I heard him do it a few times.

She just calls him over from wherever he is and he comes running.