Hey! Meowbunny - How're you feeling today?

nvts

Just find myself thinking of you and wanted to know if some of the gloom is rising and blowing away!

Beth

meowbunny

Thank you for asking and caring.

Well, I'm not as gloomy as I was when I posted about the depression but I can't say I'm really better. I know I need to make some phone calls to get some help but it just takes so much energy. I will, I promise. I'll probably wait til after Christmas -- just too much to do.

We baked today. This is first time ever making cookies from scratch. A couple of disasters and some that came out really good. More to be fixed tomorrow. My poor kitchen!

In the meantime, I'll keep plodding along. Most of my Xmas stuff is done but for Marie's stocking stuffers and a doggy toy for a woman who always stop to let me pet her Bison. It is such a cutey pie! Pees all over my driveway every time she sees me.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
MB

Baking from scratch for the first time always comes with it's own set of disasters. Believe me. The xmas I was 19 my Mom had to work, so I decided I'd do the baking. I'd never baked in my life. But wanted sugar cookies for xmas. So I pulled out Mom's recipe box and went to work. I'm pretty sure I came awfully close to playdough for my first sugar cookie dough. And rolling it out.....uh, nope, just wasn't happening. So I ended up shaping it into one giant cookie face which my baby nephew chewed on all day on xmas.

As for the homemade icing my Mom always made..... Well, I followed her directions, or thought I did. I still don't know what I did wrong. But instead of icing I ended up with some of the best tasting fudge we ever had. :rofl:

Glad you're not feeling quite so down today.

:gingerbread:

F

flutterbee

Everything seems to take so much energy when you're depressed.

I'm glad you had some cookies turn out good. I kinda think a few disasters along the way is what makes it fun. Keeps life interesting. As long as you didn't have any cricket cookies, it's all good. :smile:

Hang in there, girl. :gingerbread:

TerryJ2

Just popping in to lend support.
I'm glad you made cookies!
You bought a doggie present for a Bichon that tinkles on your driveway? Ooookay ... I guess it must be a form of submission (the dog, not you).

:rudolph:

meowbunny

Not exactly. Phoebe gets so excited when she sees me she just can't hold it. She's a little sweetie (so is her mama). Can you imagine this woman didn't know me at all (other than her dog liked me) and she offered to bring food for my daughter and me and clean my house when I had my surgery?