Hi All

Marla

I popped by the jinx thread on a whim.

Just wanted to let those who know me (who all seem to be in this form now) know that I am alive and well.

Graduating from college with my BA in December, and also work full time for in corporate IT. My relationship with my parents has gotten better as I have gotten older and they figured out I am an adult with my own life.

No husband or kids that I know of) Lots of time to worry about that. I'm still having fun with my friends.

E is doing well, she moved to UT last yea. I haven't seen the girls in awhile but from what I understand they are typical teens.

I lurk once in awhile but I have nothing to offer in ways of support.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
It's so good to see you, Marla. It's been a long haul for you. I remember when you were an angry and incredibly sad teenager, not unlike most of our kids. I think the last time you were here you were starting to reconcile with your parents. It's wonderful to see how far you've come and how at peace you sound.

You are always welcome here. Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,
Suz

Andy

Welcome back - I just joined last April so don't know your entire story. However, I know a happy ending when I see one. I am glad you are enjoying your life and are at peace with where you are right now. My single life were the best years of my life.

trinityroyal

Welcome Back Marla.
Like Andy, I think I joined CD after your time, but I can hear the strength and peace in your posts. Hearing stories like yours gives me such great hope for my own difficult child.

Congratulations on your upcoming BA, and glad to hear that you're enjoying your job. I think you're making a good decision to focus on yourself, your career and your life right now. You're right that there's plenty of time for relationships, marriage and all those things when you're good and ready.

So glad you stopped by to let us all know how you're keeping.

Trinity

DDD

:D Hey, Marla!

You won't believe this....just yesterday or the day before someone posted
about Bare Minerals and I thought of you as the first who ever brought the subject up around here. Yes, I still wear it!

I'm so glad that you have your future under control, good friends and a working relationshp with your parents. That's terrific. Nice to see you again and to get an update on your BFF and her twinsy sisters! Hugs. DDD

Marla

Hey all,

I forgot my user name shortly after I posted this.

I wanted to say hi and thanks again.

I graduated in December, had a celebration with E, her boyfriend and another good friend in Vegas. Got laid off in January and am now keeping busy job hunting, screwing around on line, causing trouble with my friends (none of which includes bail money ;) ) and doing nothing. The job market is pretty bad out there.

Anyway, I just wanted to come back and follow up after my post and run. I still lurk once in awhile to see how everyone is doing. I miss you guys.

Oh, and D3? I still love Bare Minerals.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Marla

How great you popped in to give us an update! Huge congrats on your degree!! :D :D You've come a long way. I'm glad life is treating you well and you're doing the things you wanted to do.

Don't wait so long to pop in again. :)

Hugs

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well, Well, Well......look what a few years did for you! I hope you are as proud of yourself as I am -especially to read that you are graduating with a BA!!!!! (BRAVO KIDDO)

My brain is getting older -(well it's not like there is anything I can do about that) but I remember you very well. And then? Poof - you were gone. (not nice to do that you know -lol) we still worried, and wondered.

Just wanted to pop in and say hello - I saw the name and I thought - NAW couldn't be the same girl.....but low and behold - there you are all grown up.

GREAT JOB
Hugs
STar

Marla

Thanks everyone!

Sorry that I disappeared StarbieBarbie. I forgot my password :(

I really have nothing to add anymore. I don't think I would have become the person I am without the support from all of you and I figured you'd like to know how far I've come.

I'll pop in and out, and my profile is set to notify me if there are PMs. Don't worry about me. :)

Sunlight

Hi there, Marla, so nice to see you! I guess it was old home week here..lol
I am so proud of your accomplishments and know that it was a long journey for you as well, Tigger.