Hi Everyboy--Please Read

Martie

As I hope you know, I am trying to get respondents for the Adult Outcomes Survey.

I apologize for not being on the boards as much as I should to "nag" you to PLEASE TAKE THE SURVEY!!!! Yes it is long, yes it is detailed, but you can do it in more than one sitting.

Currently we have 41 respondents, and of those, 30 are 100% finished. If you started it, please come back to it to finish. Since everyone here has a child 17 or older, the seciton of the board is my best hope. PLEASE do this.

For those of you who know me, which is probably mostly everyone here since we've all been here forever, I have a bit of news: part of the reason I have been AWOL is I am trying to catch up on work so I can go to NYC tomorrow.

MrNo is giving a concert on Monday as a result of his winning a regional competition of the American Guild of Organists Young Performers in June. It is really a major accomplishment for him because for 2.5 weeks prior to the competition, he was in Korea and NOT practicing. I know I am his mother and always supposed to be in his corner no matter what, but I was astounded that he managed to pull this off----he was a bit jet lagged as well, and I just figured---Korea was more important and there will always be another competition. He won anyway.

Anyway....I am off for this weekend, for a happy reason, but I would be even happier if there were LOTS of survey when I get back. We need at least 100 to analyze the results and have a chance of making an impact.

Thanks for reading this.

Martie

goldenguru

I finished the survey. It was long and tedious ... but for those who haven't taken the time to do so ... I would encourage you by telling you that it was very thought provoking and helpful to me.

It was interesting to look back over my daughters life with the luxury of hindsight and time. I had several new 'revelations' in regards to those dark years.

Congrats to your son Martie. You must be very proud.

ScentofCedar

I'm sorry, Martie. The last thing I want to do now is revisit those times and rework that pain.

It would be like trying to figure out, all over again, what I might have, should have, could have done differently.

But it's too late to change any of it, now.

There are days I still have to work hard not to let that pain I cannot do anything about reach into and contaminate my life today.

Perhaprs that is why so many of us have not taken or completed the survey?

Barbara

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Wow Martie - give Mr. No a big hug and a high five for me. You must be bursting at the seams with pride.

I completed the survey last week - it wasn't all that difficult and besides, it is the least I can do in exchange for all of the help and support this mom has gotten here over the years.

Will keep my fingers crossed that the information garnered on it will be of help for future difficult child's

Marcie

Sunlight

I too finished it but I have to say it did bring back a lot of pain. the only reaason I continued was to perhaps make the future better for some other family. filling it out made me know how much I went thru, how hard I tried, and how futile it was. sigh

Penta

I finished it and am glad I did. It helped me see how far my girl has come since she was a young teen. Thanks for offering the survey and congratulations to your son for his accomplishments.

Sometimes our young adults amaze us, don't they!

everywoman

I finished it and then cried for a while. But, I'm glad I did it and could finally face a lot of things I had buried. Sometimes I think we live so in the moment and forget how long these problems have existed. Maybe, just maybe, it's not all his fault!!!

Anyway---Yeah for Mr. No. Hope you enjoy the concert.

DammitJanet

I finished it. It did bring back some difficult memories but then just living life with my son everyday brings back those memories too. Its not like I can ever forget where we have been.

I hope our journey can change the future for others.

Martie

I am sorry that the survey brings back painful memories. I have them, too, despite what is a very positive outcome (so far--have to add that)for my son. When I was making decisions, I had no idea if what I was doing would help,or he would kill himself.

I am trying to provide a research base for the future. One way to do that is for people such as you, who tried many things, that worked and that didn't, to respond to these questions so we can sort through options parents have tried.

I think the completion rate is steady.It seems that most people who start do finish, but do so in two sessions. I set that as an option, because there is no reason to make it be "all at once or not at all."

If you have not taken the survey, Please consider doing so.

Thank you,

Martie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You already know I did mine. lol

Just wanted to say I hope Mr.No does well and you get to enjoy yourself!!!

Hugs :flower:

Sunlight

lol martie, I think we all ignored your topic line...and not one of us is a boy and we all responded to this:
Hi Every BOY--Please Read :smile:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
It is very long. It took me 2 tries to get through but I did it. :bravo:

C'mon other PE folks- let's have 100% participation, shall we? :smile:

Suz

Martie

OK,

Typing is not one of my strengths--what did I do before the spell checker?

I found out the survey was set to only accept one response per computer. I just changed that, so if you have TWO or more difficult children over 17, please tell us about both, even though the directions say to pick the child with the most severe problems.

Thank you for asking about my weekend: MrNo is fine; I thought he did well--but what do I know? He is always self-critical, but his page turner thought it went well, so I choose to believe him.

The concert was today--reasonably well attended for a daytime performance by an relatively unknown performer. I took him and several Juilliard friends who attended out to lunch afterwards. It was interesting to watch them interact...they are a strange crew, but then I never said MrNo was not strange--nor was I trying to change that aspect. I think he is very happy and really likes his friends. What a relief after his first 12 years of schools, many schools!

Thanks you for asking.

PLEASE start/finish the survey.

Martie

Martie

Dear P.E. parents:

There are currently 62 surveys that have been started and 49 that are complete. THANK YOU !!!!

According to Cheryl, there are 168 signatures that tend to be associated with this section of the board.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE....I really do not know who has or has not responded (IP numbers ARE suppressed) or I would beg you individually if you have not responded.

We need about another 40 people....If you know of someone who was here regularly previously, and you have not seen in the last two weeks, please PM that person or PM the screen name to me and I will ask for participation.

It is hard to get people to respond to this type of survey, but I will keep trying. We have contacted other groups (on Yahoo) and have permission. however, those group are not nearly as active, and if all of them combined give of 10 people, I will be surprised.

Thank you for thinking about this.

Martie