Hi, everyone!

klmno

I just wanted to touch base and say "hello". I've been reading a couple of threads but haven't really caught up since difficult child has been home. Actually, sometimes I'm not even sure if I should be posting on the General or Watercooler forum.

Anyway, it sounds like most everyone is hanging in there- which I'm gald about. difficult child and I have had a couple of rocky spots- let's just say that the "good" side BETTER win out. I have seriously jumped on his case twice now- and would have done more, except, I feel this "thing" in my mommy gut. And all I can do is hope that it is right and not just denial. One side of me says that I knew he couldn't and wouldn't come out of juvy a better person. Yet, one side of me says that if I don't pull him to the right direction now, then his last hope is gone. Funny, I feel like I would know the answer if he was 2 yo or 32 yo, but at this age, I am just following my gut. And my gut could be wrong.

Anyway, I am trying to work something out with the boss about finances. It might or might not work out. We might end up having to move- who knows. As long as I can keep food on the table and still seek help for difficult child and me, I'll find a way!!

Thanks for all the support- things are really ok right now so I just wanted to stop in and let everyone know that I'm not just being a "fair weather" friend ! :)

Christy

Thanks klmno for the update!

Dealing with a difficult child is a lot like playing jenga, you make one wrong move and the whole thing collapses. You try to plan your moves and keep the block tower stable but you are playing with a younger less experienced player and he doesn't always choose the best moves or move carefully. Keeping with my analogy here, you can only control a portion of the game or in this case, a portion of what difficult child chooses to do. A big part of his success or failure is up to him. You are doing the best you can given the situation and no matter how things turn out be sure to remember this. I've been keeping up with your posts and know how much you have done to help him and how much you are hurting for what he has been through. He is lucky to have such a great mom:)

Good luck with the finances. I hope things go your way.

Christy

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Your spirit is very encouraging! What you have been through lately... you have been a model Mom for all of us!!!
Hope the money comes through.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm glad to hear things are going relatively well! I hope difficult child is able to start making and keep making good choices. I hope your are able to work something out with your boss!

LittleDudesMom

Thanks for posting and giving us an update. You have given difficult child's situation a lot of thought. Don't second guess yourself. Mommy guts are rarely wrong. Doesn't mean things will change overnight.

Keep thinking positive thoughts.

Sharon

OpenWindow

Your post does have a positive ring to it, and I believe in the power of positive thinking. I can tell you that it is possible for him to completely change his life at that age - I remember making a conscious effort at that age to do a complete turn-around from where I was going. And while it was a struggle at times, I did turn it around. He can too.

Linda

TerryJ2

As long as I can keep food on the table and still seek help for difficult child and me, I'll find a way!!

I know you will. And you are not a fair weather friend, LOL! I think we're all in it for the long haul. :)

B

butterflydreams

Keep with your mommy instincts. Just always remember that you are doing what you do for your son. Good luck with the finance thing.

Christy

klmno

Thanks, everyone! I like the analogy, Christy!

I'm so tired lately and have so little time, LOL! We are away from home 10 hours per day, on a good day. We lived that way from the time difficult child was a few months old until he got into trouble last year. Now, we have to get used to it again. I read the forum a little at lunch time at work, but I don't log in and post because I don't want anyone tracking me- paranoid, I know!

difficult child is doing much better since Monday when I layed into him verbally pretty good. It was one of those times when I wanted to shake him silly to jump-start his brain back into reality- then I felt guilty after yelling at him and saying the things I did. But then, I thought about it and wished I had worded things differently, but I HAD to let him know that he was headed for trouble if he continued, so I guess I didn't feel so guilty - I just felt disappointed. I didn't stir up anything with PO and just let things rest with the way I'd left them. Since then, so far, so good.

Why can't difficult child's just leave it that way? Cause I know, it will happen again....