Hi, Im new to this

Chelle77

Hi everyone! Im new to this, if you could offer some assistance on how to get started and any information you can give me. Like difficult child? these acronyms im unsure of there meaning!

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Welcome Chelle. To get started you would simply begin a thread as you have, communicating what you are here for. You've posted in the Parent Emeritus forum which is for parents with older kids, over 18 or out on their own. If you have younger kids or kids involved in substance abuse you would post in those particular forums. Just start a thread as you have and tell us about your particular story. If you like, put a bio at the bottom of your posts, which is to identify you and your family (anonymously of course) using the acronyms which will help us to recall who you are and help us to support you. You have likely read some of our stories, so you are aware of what we are up to here...............join us if it feels right to you..........

DammitJanet

Welcome to the board but I am so sorry you had to find us under such difficult times. You will find a great group of parents here who have walked more than a mile in the sames hoes as you have. There isn't much that we haven't heard, experienced or had happen to us so nothing shocks us anymore. You are now among friends who will gather you into our fold.

Now I will warn you that because we all have been through the wringer with our difficult child's (the problem children who brought us here) we can some times be pretty blunt and tell it like it like it is. That comes from years of dealing with our kids,schools, the police and other various agencies we have all had the pleasure of being involved with. It does get old after awhile as I'm sure your you know.

Please take this time to let us know as much as you can about your difficult child. Has he/she ever been diagnosed with any mental health issues and if so when and where? Are they compliant with whatever mental health programs are supposed to be in place if any?

How about substance abuse? If so,what type and when did it start? That can play a part in a downward spiral if your child was fairly okay and suddenly turned into thedevil himself.

Whatever the case, we are happy to have you. I also urge you to join us for some talk that isn't all difficult child related in the Watercooler forum.

scent of cedar

Hi, Chelle.

Welcome! :O)

difficult child means Gift From God. It is how we refer to our troubled children. Anonymity is important and this way, we can talk about the child when we need to without risking a slip and using their names.

husband means Dear Husband.

I think those are the only two I know. Well, wife means Dear Wife.

Barbara

DDD

Welcome aboard. If you don't have time to read the full list just place your cursor over the abbreviation and it will give a short explanation of each common acronym. Have to go to work but wanted to say Hi. DDD