Hi Stands

Steely

Hi Stands

I thought I would start a thread for you down here in the watercooler - just as a way to kinda get you more connected with us.

So whatta are you up to today Stands? Laundry, chores? Or do you have and husband have something planned.

Is your easy child into sports?

As you can tell from my other posts, I am just packing, planning, and organizing a whirlwind week of travel. The plumber just came out and fixed my sink that flooded my kitchen last night.

Anyway - just thought I would give you a jump start and let us know more about you.

DammitJanet

Hey stands...I will ad on to this thread.

Do you watch NASCAR? I do. I am gonna watch the Nationwide series today and then the Sprint cup tomorrow. If you watch...who are your favs? I adore Denny Hamlin, Kasey Khane, and Kyle Bush.

We, along with Cory, have the kidlet this weekend. Its nice that we get to share her this way. She goes between our houses..he keeps her one night, we keep her one night...then the last night she goes back to her other grandma. We swap 3 days with us and 4 days with them. Nice arrangement I think.

everywoman

Hey stands...what kind of music do you like. I am partial to southern rock...and I like old country...Willie and Waylon and the boys.

On March 16, Jana and I are going to the House of Blues to see Willie Nelson in concert. I last saw him in 1983 with my gfgdad in Columbia at the Colosseum. I'm hoping this will be a bit more intimate.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hi Stands

How have you been today??

Are you good at cooking?? Out of the blue Nichole got the idea she wanted to try leg of lamb. lol Now she was depending on me to show her how to cook it....but I haven't cooked one in about 20 yrs....too expensive..... So she found a recipe online and we went to the grocery in search of ingredients.

I dunno where she's caught the cooking bug from, but hey as long as they keep turning out yummy and I don't have to pay for it or cook it, I'm not complaining. ;)

We're also taking drawing and oil painting classes together next quarter. Ought to be fun for a change. I'm going to try to make Star a donkey......lol

So? What do you do for fun or to relax?

((hugs))

Thanks all for the wonderful tidbits of news from you. Yes I have had an alright day. I went and let my daughter work on my hair today. She always does a good job. My easy child has gone over to a friends house and the snow is finally melting! We have been out of school for 2 days so now itis back to lesson plans! It is a sunny day here in SC. The music I like is oldies rock and classic rock and some up to date stuff. I love to go to Barnes and Noble bookstore and just get a coffee and look and books and magazines. Some day I might even buy a book! I am still struggling with my recovery that concerns my difficult child son. I am going out of town with my hubby on Friday - Lord willing! I am looking forward to it. My easy child is going too. We had planned this trip before difficult child came back here. I will try and keep everyone posted. again thanks for sharing!

DammitJanet

Where are you guys going? I would love to get out of town.

I wish we had a book store here...we have none. Darn it all.

EW...lucky you! I never got to go to the House of Blues but Billy has been there. Tony and I have talked about going to some of those places sometime. We took the boys to Medieval Times one year for Thanksgiving years ago. I want to hit Dolly's place next...lol. I think its funny that I lived there for years and never went to anything.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Stands

I like some of the up to date music myself, actually, quite a bit of it. Gets me odd looks from stangers. lol ;)

We finally got a book store.......but they don't serve coffee. There is one like that 20 miles from us........but that's a bit far for coffee and reading. lol Sounds peaceful though, something I'd like to try at least once. I love reading. Any favorite authors? Mine ultimate fav is Dean Kuntz, but I'll read anyone who writes well.

Sounds like you had a nice day. :) And I hope you have fun going out of town with husband and easy child.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Hey nice to see you over here!!! It is so nice over here, mostly no stress. Or at least no difficult child stress most days!
I do hope you can get away this weekend.

Oh Ya'll please pray for me that I WILL go this weekend with husband. We are supposed to go to charleston. He umpires softball on the side and has a trip down there where he gets his own motel room!!! I will have to tell my difficult child he has to find somewherte to spend the night. Sometimes it is hard for me to have to do that but lately it has been easier.

everywoman

Pack up, lock the house, leave a note on the door....and go. It is going to be a beautiful weekend in Charleston. Go down to the Market. Have a nice lunch. There is a wonderful candy shop down there. Go to the battery. Watch the sail boats on the river. Have dinner at 82Queen---expensive but worth it. Go visit Hampton plantation---great tour. Take a carriage ride through downtown and see rainbow row. Go.

You are a dream!!! thanks for writing me the encouragement. I know that is what I really need. I could stay here and feel sorry for myself and my difficult child but I cant. I have to live my life too while I have it. thanks so much!

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I've always wanted to go to Charleston, ever since I saw an article in Gourmet magazine, back in the 70's! I will live vicariously through you...Make sure you eat something delicious and think of me. Isn't that city the setting for "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil"? I lent out that book and never got it back.

I have no idea abou The Garden of Good and Evil but it has been a while since I have been there. We went on a family vacation when the children were little to Wild Dunes. It was so much fun. I just want to enjoy it. thanks for giving me the courage to do something for me regardless what my difficult child does. It is still a little hard but I need to overcome the fact that my life matters too.

DammitJanet

Tony is down in Charleston right now working. He loves the old sights. When I got to go down with him the last time he worked there we went to the battery I think it was. He loves old history. He finds something every place he goes...lol.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
The Carolinas are a place that I am going to make it to one day!
husband has gone a few times and he tells me how beautiful and just what an amazing historical adventure it can be if you have the time.
I loved Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil... and of course it was great because it was an Eastwood film and John Cusack was in it.... drool...

I am amazed that I have never been anywhere on the East Coast! Except to change planes. :( Well I got to go to Sarasota, Florida for a couple of days when I was pregnant with N! That was nice.

everywoman

The history of my area is amazing. Charleston is beautiful.It is 60 miles south of me. Myrtle Beach is 40 miles north. And you won't find any more beautiful, restful beaches anywhere (but not Myrtle Beach!!!)---except maybe Marg's island. Some of the homes in my town date back to the 1600's. There are old churches and graveyards, old battle sites, and lots to do and see.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Stands, when you go.......you have enough fun for the both of us, okay? Then tell me all the cool stuff "we" did during our weekend jaunt. :D

You've no idea how so very badly I'm craving escape right now.......But there is no way I can actually get away.

Sounds like a lovely area to visit. Janet........you may find yourself with visitors on your doorstep one day. ;)

Hugs

Well actually the weekend was wonderful! It was in the low 70's and 80's but on the beach it was cool beac ause the wind was blowing 25mph! We ate seafood at Shems Creek and shopped the market. We took in the glorious sites in Charleston from the Cooper River Bridge to the old homes along the battery. It was a delightful weekend - well needed.