Hi Stands

everywoman

Yeah! I'm so glad you went. I was worried after I read your post on PE about Thursday--but after that you really needed to get away. It has been a glorious weekend in SC. The beach is always too cool for me this time of year. I don't even attempt it until late April.

donna723

Isn't Charleston wonderful! I'm so glad you got to go! I LOVE Charleston. My daughter and sister in law live there - his whole family is in Charleston. My son and I went there and spent Christmas with them the year before last. We spent Christmas Eve day on the Battery, had lunch in a little outdoor cafe, window-shopped in all the super-expensive stores ... it was great! I love all those old houses and the weird winding little streets in the historical district. My sister in law has lived there all his life. He said they have such strict rules about the appearance of the houses in the historical district that everything you do that shows on the outside of the house has to be approved, even the hardware on the doors, to maintain the authenticity. And you can only use certain colors of paint! If you want to paint your house (and those houses are worth MILLIONS!!!) you have to post paint samples outside and your neighbors vote on it ... or something like that! Glad you had a good time!

Thanks everyone for your encouragement. It was a gloriouos time. If my daughter and son in law ever move (i hope they dont) I hope they go to charleston! We would have such a good time! It is always nice to take in the sites and remember that one day at a time is what we are living.

rejectedmom

Savahanna Georgia is where the garden of Good and Evil was filmed. I've been there and loved it (especially Juliette Lowe's homestead. I was a girl scout as a youngster and a leader as an adult). I have never been to Charlston. I have always wanted to go there. Now hearing from you about how nice it is I want to go even more!

So glad you went Stands and even happier that you truly enjoyed yorself! -RM

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Susan, it sould like we had such a wonderful time. :D I'm so glad we went. ;)

Dang. Someday........I'm gonna have to do it in person. You all make it sound so wonderful!

I'm so glad you had a wonderful peaceful time. You deserved this getaway, Susan, and all the good times that came with it. I'm glad you followed thru and went.

Hugs

Well just keep me in your prayers this weekend! I am at home and husband is gone to umpire out of town. My easy child is here with me but I hope nothing rears its ugly head and makes my brain turn to mush - if you know what I mean. It is cool and rainy here. I think difficult child is supposed to be doing his community service somewhere.

DammitJanet

I know Susan...beautiful last weekend now its cold and rainy this weekend...yuck!

Lisa, if you can get here, come on! In fact...anyone who can make it...come on! My house is a mess and I only have the couches but we can enlist Cory to help put you up...lol. He would love to meet his board Aunties!

EW...what do you mean Myrtle Beach isnt restful? LMAO. Its a great place for families. If I had realized that I would have lost my job when I took mom in I would be living in NMB now. Instead of buying this house, I would have moved into her place. What a different life I would be living now.

everywoman

Myrtle Beach is a great place to visit, shop, eat, find entertainment, but I wouldn't want to live there! I like the southern coast much better. Quiet, beautiful beaches with no large hotel/condo's---just arrogantly shabby beach houses.

I just want to go back to the beach!!!! I love it. It is the most peaceful place I can think of. We went to Wild Dunes in charleston when the children were little. It was so much fun. I hope they never forget that vacation! We went to the beach every year for a week. I remember when I was growing up that our vacations consisted of going to see our grandparents - which was ok - but the beach was so much more fun so I decided that our family would take a vacation every year - for the memories.

TerryJ2

Hi Stands,
somehow I missed this thread.
Neat that you went and had a great time. You DO need to do something for yourself.
In addition to a family vacation, can you plan something similar on a smaller scale, every cpl mo's?
Just long weekends? That would be awesome.