Jena

hi everyone,

not sure if you remember me, i dropped off about 3 mos ago. had to focus on handling stuff, getting answers figuring things out for my difficult child.

here we are 3 mos. later no medications, new dr. and new diagnosis. alot's happened in three mos and alot hasn't lol.

she was or is in the process of being diagnosed with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), anxiety disorder, adhd, mood disorder, and something else i forget. originally they were saying bi polar yet now their not. she's just full spetrum of stuff.

so i'm trying to get her the help she needs, ex and i so that she can hopefully have a good school year and life and so that mom that being me can get her life in order once again as well.

how is everyone else? hoping well. :)

LittleDudesMom

Hi Jennifer,

Yes I remember you! Sometimes it's like that on the board, you come on in crisis mode for help or sharing, and then life takes control and you find yourself away from the board for months. I know that, even as a mod on the board, that there are times life just gets "in the way". Even though I check in and read, I can't post.

I'm glad that you've gotten the full evaluation of difficult child. You sound optimistic and determined to find a way to help your daughter get back on the path of moving forward. It's great that you and ex can work together on this. It means a lot to a kid.

Hope your last weekend of summer is a restful one - goodness knows we will all need it before school gets into full swing!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon

M

ML

Welcome back. I'm sorry to hear you're no closer to answers or direction. How frustrating. Not much happening with the manster. 4th grade is tough but he's managing mostly. He had a meltdown one morning and didn't want to go to school but I think giving him a benadryl the previous night for an allergy reaction interacted with his current medication (Tenex).

TC, ML

Jena

hi to both of you,

Sharon yes i know what you mean in regards to posting. Been so busy in "go mode" with myself as well as difficult child and oldest lost track of it all. Yes ex nitemare and i finally made our peace so we are working together this time around, thank goodness. Last weekend umm school supplies and more school supplies and organizing and not sleeping lol.

tried to get her on medications prior to start of school yet timing wasn't sufficient. so we have been up for most part of week now :) lol

k she's up.......free time over thanks for saying hi both of you!!!!

TerryJ2

Hi Jennifer,
glad you were able to check in.
It's always crazy right b4 school starts.
Is it good that difficult child is off medications? Does it help you see anything more clearly? You said in one note that you wanted to start back on medications. Which one(s)?
Best of luck through the holiday weekend. It can be so hard!

trinityroyal

Jennifer, welcome back.

Back to school is always such a difficult time of year. Sounds like things are taking a positive turn.

Good to hear from you.
Trinity

Jena

hi!!

Not sure what medication's in answer to your question. Believe it or not we are still working on a diagnosis. There's been some talk of prozac, yet i would rather not use that. Had a friend with whom had bad experience with their child.

without medications' has def. given me an opportunity to look at her more clearly, her symptoms, behaviors, etc. after a while you get very caught up in the side effects at least i did with the diff. medications.

I'm going to implement different things in her life this year drama class, she loves to sing and dance (we are hoping she will go thru with it), music lessons. Trying to broaden her outlets.

Mtg. on Sept. 9th with-new dr. in regards to diagnosis and plan of action.

how is everyone else doing? how are your difficult child's prior to the new school year? nervous at all, sleep issues?

we still struggle with sleep. Was told chlonidine is very bad for them. I had difficult child on it for over a year.

thanks for saying hi!!! glad to be back. i'm starting work again next week that should be interesting, very local job though close to difficult child which is what i need.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Jennifer,
Welcome back. I'm glad you are getting an evaluation done. It sounds like you are doing many good things for your daughter! Wishing you good luck on your new job!

susiestar

Roll With It
hi Jen!! Welcome back!!

I am glad to see you again. I have been wondering how you are doing. Are you still with your boyfriend? How are things working out there - you were having problems the last time you were here. I hope things are better.

We had jess on prozac for the PTSD and panic attacks about 5 yrs ago - she was in 3rd grade. It made her higher than a kite. Liquid zoloft did the same but worse! She was literally in outer space on that one. We started using some herbal products instead. They helped quite a bit. And we used xanax for the panic attacks - that and separating ehr from Wiz completely. He was in psychiatric hospital that year.

We are all doing well. I posted about Wiz a week or so ago. He is doing REALLY well.

My Jess is testing the limits. She is back in school this year - Jr High! Loves most of her classes.

thank you is in third grade. his teacher and her husband own a pizza place, so he is thinking they will get free pizza for parties - very exciting to him. he is disgusted at the seating plan though. The kids sit boy-girl-boy. He keeps saying he will get "girl germs", LOL!! He loves school though. And this year tey are starting his Occupational Therapist (OT) early in the year - not in the second quarter. Hopefully it will help.

I hope you get a good handle on what your difficult child is going through. Has the school set up the supports she needs, or are you still fighting for that?

Sending hugs,

Jena

hi and thanks for the hello's!

didn't realize how much i missed coming in here until i did again. just needed to focus and get on with it, and i have i think. lol

yes back to school is a hectic time........for all of us.

Susie - wow i'm so glad to hear that things are going so well. that is wonderful news. yes i have heard those types of similar stories regarding prozac as well, i'm sorry you had to go thru that. i have heard of herbal remedies as well helping quite a bit. i am hoping now that i will be returning to work that i will be able to afford the herbal stuff.

as with anything else you have your ups and downs, yet i am very happy to hear of your news.